Hello, I have questions about risks of having many children. I am now pregnant with my 8th child. I seem to have alot more naseau and tiredness, as well as my hips hurt alot and I have more lower aches in my pelvis/ovaries. I am about 7 weeks along. I have had 7 healthy children within the past 20 years, and my youngest is 3. I am 39 years old, and pretty healthy otherwise.
Thanks,

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

Thanks,

Wow. 8 children - congratulations. I am an RN who works obstetrics and would like to assit you in whatever way I can. The "risks" of having multiple children vary from person to person. In your case, I would be most worried about vitamin deficiencies. However, with routine obstetric care, your physician will be monitoring this. The nausea and tiredness are very normal. The nausea is caused by elevated HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). This is a naturally occuring pregnancy hormone that is thought to be responsible for "morning sickness". The tiredness that you describe could be due solely to your pregnancy alone or a number of other causes, such as anemia. Your physician should be checking for this later in your pregnancy (probably around the 12th week). The lower aches that you describe are due to the stretching of the uterine suspensory ligaments. With each pregnancy, the uterus streaches and then involutes after delivery. The ligaments that hold the uterus in place have to stretch quite a great distance during each pregnancy. This often causes more discomfort after a second pregnancy and so on. I hope this helps - I wish you all the luck with this pregnancy. :-)

Hi im also pregnant with another child and also number 8.. im a little afraid this time as im high risk and have not been allowed a home birth, however my 7th was born in twenty five minutes, 15 of which was the car journey to the hospital. so iv asked for a home birth this time but still im not allowed, even at the risk of having baby in the car.. there is plenty of information i think up to about 4 babies, anything after that i think u are considerd to know whats what, not in my opion, iv been having babies for 24 years now and it is different each time.

I am also pregnant with my 8th child..my youngest is 3..I am 37. I've never had problems with any of my pregnancies.I'm very nervous.does anyone else have as many babies as I do?

I'm having my eighth child and 37 my youngest is four and a half I'm 34 and half weeks 90% effaced and not dilated having pains in pelvic area wondered what advice or opinions of someone else in my position might have experienced or know they could tell me

i also am pregnant with my 8th child I am 27 and very healthy. My oldest is 11 and i have had 5 kids in the past 4 1/2 years. i am 30 weeks and I have had a non eventful pregnancy. i had pretty bad morning sickness at the beginning of pregnancy up to about week 12. However the hip and pelvic pain have been pretty bad this time and ligament pain too. Hoping for an easy delivery.

I am 36 and on my eight baby. I am 5 weeks and I feel so tired and bloated already like I'm going to show early I feel.

I am 36 my eighth pregnancy /child never had any complications until this pregnancy

Hi, I'm also pregnant with my 8th child. All my other children are all healthy , my youngest being 19months and my eldest being 20yrs old.
I'm 40yrs old and 11weeks pregnant. I only had very mild morning sickness with the others but I feel sick all the time with this one, very tired and very achy in my thighs ,bum cheeks and back ache. Think this one is going to be far harder than the others . I'm just putting it down to its my 8th child, feeling more tired because I'm getting older now and still running the house , looking after the others etc so not able to rest as much. Jenny x

I'm 40 yrs old and 11weeks pregnant with my 8th child. All my children have been born healthy. I too feel very nervous with this one, not sure if it's because I'm getting older that I feel very nervous. Think I will probably feel better after my 12 week scan and blood tests next week . Jenny x

I am 32, almost 20 weeks w number 8. On my 4th which was a boy, I got a kidney infection,(worse pain ever). Now with this baby I caught another one so I'm assuming we are having another boy. This is thee most painful and nauseating pregnancy ever. No matter how many children I have the nervousness of child labor is frightening. Well I'm wishes to me *

I am on my 8th child currently 4 weeks . healthy as can be 4natural birth this will be my 4th csection . good luck to you as well

I would love to hear more if your story I am 30 an on number 8

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have just found out that I'm pregnant with my 8th at 39 years old. I'm very scared and nervous . I'm worried about the health of the baby, whether my body will cope. I suffered heavy bleeding after giving birth to the last one. This pregnancy was a complete surprise I'm so scared.

Congrats!...I am also pregnant with my 8th child at 44. My oldest is 27 & youngest is 3. I'm also nervous bcuz I don't have many symptoms except tender breasts, showing early, tiredness, acne breakout. My docs are keeping a very close eye me bcuz past history, my age, & other factors and they monitor & do u/s every 3 weeks. Oh!, & I'm having back & ligament pain bad that I can barely complete daily chores. Just know that not alone & take off yourself!