HELLO I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. I HAVE BEEN TAKING PAI KILLERS FOR OVER 4 YEARS AND I MUST STOP. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES BUT NEVER LAST MRE THAN A FEW HOURS, I FEEL TO BAD WHEN NOT TAKING THEM. WELL THEY ARE MAKING ME A BAD PERSON LOOKING FOR THE NEXT PILL. IF I TELL ANYONE I WILL LOOSE MY JOB,WIFE,AND MAYBE MY WONDERFUL KIDS. IM DOING MY BEST TO STOP AND I FEEL AWFUL. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN GET TO HELP STOP OR SPEEDUP THE WITHDRAWS AND NOT GET HOOKED ON?? IN MY TEENAGE YEARS I WAS ADDICTED TO STREET DRUGS AND I WAS ABLE TO QUIT COLDTURKEY. NOW IM 38 AND CANT CONTROL MY OWN CHOICE.
ANY HELP WILL BE A LIFE SAVER. THANKS TO ALL FROM THE BOTTUM OF MY HEART.

WELL NO-ONE HAS GIVEN ME ANY SUGGESTIONS AS OF YET. I'VE GONE21 HOURS SO FAR. IM REALLY FEELING BAD AND I HAVE LITTLE OR NO SUPPORT. WIFE THINKS I HAVE THE CRUD AND HAVE TRIED TO TALK TO HER BUT SHE DOESNT HAVE THE TIME. :cry:

Hi sorry no one has got back to you,
I too am in the same predicament, have been hooked on painkillers for 3 yrs now, every day is a blur, but somehow they helped me get through the day, I too didnt feel I could confide in anyone, my partner knew i took so many but under the illusion it was for a so called bad back, my work couldn't find out, after all I am in the healthcare business. I feel so envious of people who were normal. All I knew was as long as I had my painkillers I could get through the day. Very sleepy and drugged though. I guess there is no easy way of coming off them, on tues this week I heard about a woman I know who has only a matter of weeks left and I guess this gave me a kick up the ass I woke up on wed morn and thought sod this I want to be awake to play with my little lad when I get in from work I want to enjoy life, not praying that the doctor has stopped my tabs or where the next supply was coming from. Believe me its been so hard, im only on day 3 and the aches have been nearly unbearable, as for the cramps and diving for the loo :$ I have no will power wotsoever if I can do it anyone can. I too was hooked on streetdrugs when younger only 4yr ago it was amphetamine on a daily basis. but then the painkillers were an easy option to change to to make me feel somewhat not with it. I still find it really difficult to keep away from it and still find myself calling up on a friend to get me it, it all goes haywire then, because I then take the painkillers to come down. So my main aim is to come off the painkillers and completely quit the other, but yes its easier said than done. All the advice I can give is to look at your precious children and think how they will cope if your liver packs up which it will do if you dont stop. I deal with people in that situation daily and its awful, please do it for your kids, wife and most importantly yourself. I wish you all the luck in the world, I really do because right now its hurting to type I'm aching that much but my little lad is playing with his cars behind me and I just have to look at him and it spurs me on. I lost my nanna and aunt to addictions mainly painkillers, in fact anything they could get their hands on ie benylin, dont fall victim to it yourself. I know I'm not. What painkillers do you take if you dont mind me asking. Please get back to me because maybe we can spur eachother on. Take care J :-(

Try this site: they have a great forum for withdrawing from pain medicine:

heroin-detox.com

best answers are from doctors.

Hi! I know how all of you feel... believe me. There is a medication you can get called suboxone.. it is for narcotic withdrawals..It does help. The main thing you will have to be careful because some people tend to like these more then the painkillers.. But as long as you only get enough for a week and then stop taking them you will be good to go. If you do not feel comfortable going to your primary care doctor and asking for them.. there are addiction recovery places all over.. and they do supply meds and counseling.. you just have to do a little more research if you want to go that route. I am telling you from experience.. it does make you feel better.. but without the "high" of the painkillers. You will feel more drowsy on that stuff.. but just think it is only for a week. Withdrawals usually only last one week, two if you are taking extremely high doses... but with that medication (suboxone) you will only need them for a week. You can even go to the hospital and tell them what is going on and they will prescribe them.. the one I went to did and even gave me enough painkillers to last until I could pay for the suboxone (some insurance companies won't pay for it) But if you are honest with them.. they will help you... believe me.. that was how I did it.. and I have 4 children so I know.. My addiction started with a bad car accident.. then I just needed them to keep going like you. I wish you luck! Oh.. and don't be embarassed or ashamed to go and ask for help... the ones who should be ashamed are those out there taking them knowing they have a problem and not asking for help. You have to start somewhere.. with being honest about it. If your not sure how to find the addiction places around you just google.. addiction recovery in.....(area where you live)... Hope all of this helps.

I too am going through painkiller withdrawals. I have been taking them for over 3 years. I can't go on like that, but I feel worse now. So depressed and nauseous--and it has been 9 days! When will I ever feel better? I have absolutely no one in my life. Parents couldn't care less about me. Can't maintain relationships (haven't even wanted to for about three years now). Will life ever get better? I have zero hope.

i HAVE BEEN ON HERION FOR CLOSE TO THREE YEARS AND I JUST WENT TO A DOCTOR TO GET SUBOXONE. IT IS WONDERFUL IT TRUELY IS IF YOU TAKE IT RIGHT I MUST EMPHASIZE THAT. YOU MUIST BE INTO SOME WHAT OF WITHDRAWLES IT DEPENDS ON YOUR TOLEERANCE THE HIRHER IT IS IT AL DEPENDS. YOU MUST BE FEELING LIEK YOUR GOING TO PEE OUT YOUR ASS AND YOUR PUKEING THAT NEASTY ORANGE STUFF. I KNOW IT SUCKS BUT I WOULD TRADE 24 HOURS OF FEELING LIKE sh*t FOR 9 DAYS. HARD CORE WITHDRAWLS LAST FROM 4 TO 7 DAYS. WENT I KICKED DOPE THE FIRST TIEM I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 10 DAY SO I DONT KNOW WHERE THEY COME UP WITH THE 4 TO 7 DAY THING. I LOST 45 POUNDS THAT HAD ME ON HARDCORE IV FLUIDS I COULD HOLD DOWN ANYTHING AND I DINT SLEEP AT ALL THE WHOLE TIME I WAS THERE THEY GAVE ME LIKE 6 CCS OF ATIVAN AT NIGHT TO SLEEP BUT THE REST WAS ME CRAPPING ON MYSELF DURING THE DAY. SUBOXONE WORKS GO TO A DOC TO GET IT THEY ARE WILLIGN TO HELP ITS EXPENSEIVE BUT DEFINITLY CHEAPER THAN YOUR HABIT I KNOW MINE WAS. THE VIST GENERALTY COSY ANYEWHER FROM 100 TO 200 AND THE PRESCRIPTION IF YOU DONT HAVE INSURANCE IS ABOUT 8 BUCKS A PILL BUT A PILL LAST A DAY. I WAS DOING ABOUT 25 TO 30 BAGS A DAY AND ONE AND A HALF A DAY TO START WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR HABIT IS ;LIKE BUT THAT WAS SUFFICIENT FOR ME. I HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS BUT THE FIRST 2 I WASING USING THEM WHEN I COULDNT GET CASH FOR THE DOPE. BUT I HAVE BEEN CLEAN NOW FOR A LITTLE LONGER THAN A MONTH THE FIRST WEEK I TOO A WHOEL ONE IN THE MORNING AND A HALF BEFORE I WENT TO BED. FOR A WEEK. THE DOCTOR TOLD ME TO TAKE A HALF THREE TIMES A DAY BUT I FOUNF IN THE MORNING CASUE OF WORK AND STUFF A WHOLE ONE WOULF LAST ME ALL DAY AND NORMALLY TO THE NEXT MORIING. SO ITS WEEK 5 AND IM DOWN TO A HALF A DAY. THE DOCTOR WILL KEEP YOU ON IT BAICALLY AS LONG YAS YOUD LIKE CAUSE YOUR GIVING HIM THEMONEY HE WANTS AND THE DRUG COMPANIES PUMP THEESE THINGS OUT LIKE THEY DID KIDS DURING THE BABY BOOMING DAYS. TRUST ME THE DRUG WORKS BUT USE CONTROL IF YOU SAY YOU WANT YOUR FAMILY TO KEEP TOGETHER THAN YOUR MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION COLD TURKEY SUCKS ASS I KNWO. IM 22 AND HAVE BEEN DOING PAIN KILLERS AND DOPE FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS NOW AND THERE IS NO EASY WAY OUT EXCEPT LOOKING AT YOUR CHILDEREN AND THINKING WHTA IT WOULD BE LIKE IF YOU LOST THEM I GREWW UP ITH A FATHER THAT DIDNT GIVE A SH*T AND HE SHOOT UP AND WAS SMOKING CRACK AND SNIFFIN COKE. BUT HE WAS A BROKER AND MADE MROE THAN ENOUGH MONEY TO SUPPORT US AND HIS 30000 (THIRTY THOUSAND YES THIRTY THOUSAND THAST NOT A TYPO) DRUG HABIT A WEEK IM NOT KIDDIGN WE AS CHILDREN USED TO FIND POUNDS OF COKE IN OUR COUCH AND WADS OF CASH OVER A HUNDRED GRANSD. SO TRUST ME UNLESS YOU WNAT YOUR CHILDERED THINKG NOTHING OF YOU NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO FIX IT THE ONLY WAY TO STOP IS FOR YOUR SELF AND YOUR FAMILY. SO GO TO THE DOCTOR AND GET YOUR LIFE BACK ON TRACK AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES. FROMA CHILD TO A FATEHR (IM 22 BY THE WAY NOW) GOOD LUCK AND I LOVE YOU AS A SON KOWING WHAT YOUR GIONG THROUGH BEST OF LUCK SIR KEEP YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR CHILDREN DONT THROW IT AWAY ITS NOT WORTH IT AT ALL,

I'm only 20 years old, but i know exactly how you feel. I have a very strong addiction to any type of painkiller, especially o.c.'s. Growing up I watched my dad suffer from the addiction, along with other things like alcohol and cocaine. When I was a little girl my aunt committed suicide due to the disease, being addicted to painkillers. So naturally I feel almost entitled to being addicted. I can't say that i have stopped yet...or when I'm going to...but watching my dad remain clean of ANYTHING for the past 10 years has shown me that it is in fact possible. He told me that the key to being able to put it all down...is if you really want to. You have to really, really want to change deep down inside. Thats the first step. You have to hate the way you live your life, hate ruining your liver, hate the mood swings, hate the sleepless nights so much and come to see that it's ruining you life and your family and want to change. Then you seek help. Nobody is going to look down on you...if anything they will be proud that you had such courage. That advice should help you out.....you're not alone!

Let me give everyone some advice. Get off this website! i too was majorly addicted to painkillers and sought refuge in talking to others on websites but you'll soon realize that after reading post after post of how everyone is suffering it'll weigh you down and you'll start to feel like you too are suffering even more than you are. You have to realize that withdrawals can be just as much mental as much as physical which im sure everyone on here knows already. You aren't alone at all theres tons of people that want to stop this. But the best advice i can give you is to occupy yourself, seriously. Watch a movie go for a walk or run and take a shower. Or play a video game and listen to some music. Distraction is the best medicine and just remember that this WILL pass. After the 4 to 5 day mark it will start getting MUCH easier just keep focused. I'd also recommend taking a sleeping pill or nyquil at night to help you sleep since its very hard to lay still the first few days. Going through this was one of the hardest things i've ever done in my life but i did it for my little girl because i want to be a better father. And if i can beat it than you can too so just please listen to what i say and stay focused because it will go away, that i promise. Good luck

I was also addicted to prescription pain killers for 5 years. I know exactly how you are feeling. I finally made the choice to go to a methadone clinic and it changed my life. I honestlly don't know where I would be right now if I had not started the methadone. Any doc can prescribe methadone. A special doc has to prescribe suboxone, which is what I am in the process of switching to. I am detoxing out of the clinic and will be inducted onto suboxone next week. Go the suboxone.com and you can find a doc near you. Plawe do it before it is too late.

Beachlvr

My friend swears by Ibogaine. She had to go to Mexico to find out about it. It's illegal in the U.S.A. Legal in Canada, Mexico and some European countries. It's a natural remedy. It's givin under medical supervision to treat withdrawl, addiction and depression. It IS a hallucinogen. This is how it was describe...
I'll use the analogy of a rut in the road...your tire is stuck in it. You're a mess, scared,in trouble and you can't seem to get out. Ibogaine fills the rut with an amazing substance. (experience). Now the rut is filled, as if it were never there. Your tire is now back on smooth pavement. You like it. You want to stay on this smooth road. You know how the ruts were made, you know how you got your tire stuck. You finally appreciate the beauty of a smooth road. You will avoid the ruts, you will point out the ruts to others so they can avoid them. You will feel great about yourself and getting out of the rut. You will not feel guilty about hitting the rut in the first place. You will be thankful. You will demand that this rut filler is made available to everyone. (Why is it not?). It will become one of your missions in life (besides the mission to live drug free and happy, healthy and loving). Your loved ones will love you again.
Check it out... google or whatever.

I think u should talk to a doctor. it is possible to only use suboxone for a few days-weeks to make the withdrawal easier. It really is a life saver. If u only use it a short time i'm sure it will be easy to control. its hard to do alone especially when no one around u understands what ur dealing with or u have to keep it a secret. Its like you have to put on a show in front of everyone so they think your just being your regular self but really you are struggling so bad inside. i really think u should see that dr!! Good luck. I know what ur going through and I hope it works out!

ROBERT-C wrote:

ROBERT-C wrote:

HELLO I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. I HAVE BEEN TAKING PAIN KILLERS FOR OVER 4 YEARS AND I MUST STOP. I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES BUT NEVER LAST MORE THAN A FEW HOURS, I FEEL TO BAD WHEN NOT TAKING THEM. WELL THEY ARE MAKING ME A BAD PERSON LOOKING FOR THE NEXT PILL. IF I TELL ANYONE I WILL LOOSE MY JOB,WIFE,AND MAYBE MY WONDERFUL KIDS. IM DOING MY BEST TO STOP AND I FEEL AWFUL. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN GET TO HELP STOP OR SPEEDUP THE WITHDRAWS AND NOT GET HOOKED ON?? IN MY TEENAGE YEARS I WAS ADDICTED TO STREET DRUGS AND I WAS ABLE TO QUIT COLDTURKEY. NOW IM 38 AND CANT CONTROL MY OWN CHOICE.

God bless you! I haven't been where you are but i just talked with my Dr. yesterday to be totally open with someone and to get help. i know i am stuggling getting to sleep. Talk to God and ask for His help. God loves you and has a plan for you! But, we are all sinful and that causes a gap between us and God. So, God sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. If you believe this tell God you believe it and that you want to accept Jesus' payment for your sin and you want to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. As soon as you do He will!
Prayer is just talking to God like you would anyone else. God bless you!

You shouldn't have to suffer my friend there is tons of outpatient help out there and in reality it can be discrete even if you don't want to tell your wife. The best way to do it in my opion is look into addiction specialist in your area. Doctors. Tell them what you have been taking and what dosage and you want to try suboxone. I have never tried the stuff, but I really hear the stuff really works well. The only thing is you can't stay on this 2 long. maybe a week at the most. You really will start feeling better right away with the medicine. Also talk with your doctor about maybe giving you some xanax for sleep. The down side is though insurance does not cover any of this it it can become costlY, but if your ready to get off drugs than it's worth it. good luck