Hello everybody, I recently had a surgery to get a cyst taken out of my back, and they prescribed me some percocet to deal with the pain, which was pretty bad. I have gone through surgeries in the past, and I always seem to get a minor addiction to the painkillers. You'd think I would've learned my lesson this time around, but I couldn't resist. I don't go overboard with it, never more than 4 pills a day, but here I am going through some withdrawal again. Really bad anxiety, depression, lethargy, and boredom. Normally I would go be with friends, and get out and exercise to try to get through it, but because of this most recent surgery, I'm hooked up to this machine, and I'm not supposed to do any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise, and I can't even sit in a car to go visit people. Is there anything I can do solely at home to make the withdrawal more bearable? I find myself getting panic attacks and going through some pretty bad depression, and the only time I don't suffer these things is when I look online at how to get opium poppy seeds and online prescriptions. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Pizzamix, unlike you, i have never had legitimate reason to take the meds I have been addicted to, I am on my 3rd day of no lortabs, was taking 3-5 pills daily for appx 6 mos so the w/d have not been too bad, anxiety pretty much gone today, diarrhea has slowed down some today so the physical w/d is getting better. I have pretty much on and off my adult life replaced one addiction w/another although it has been sporatic and never severe enough to cause major problems like loss of a job, spouse etc. The main thing to remember is to not replace one with another, that is my goal this time. The only thing that has helped me is that I do take 2 tylenol pms to sleep and actually have done that since I quit ambien cold turkey about a year ago. My significant other is addicted to lortabs and that was my reason for taking them, he gave me a few and they made me feel good so like a fool I convinced myself I wouldnt take them that long, well 6 months later here I am, have had to go to buying on the street at 5-7 bucks a pill, so the pocket book is being hurt badly. Finally told him I do not want to know when you get any more leave me out of it, etc and he will respect that, I am a big girl and know how to say NO!!! Just tuff out the first few days and each day will get better, pray if you are spiritual, that helps me, drink lot of water and I know exercise is not an option for you, but any movement no matter how small will help, I will pray for you, it does get better!!!

Like everyone else, I started taking pain pills after Gall Bladder surgery in 03. I had never had any addictions before this other than occasional binge drinking. Now that I look back I can say I was always searching for something to take the edge off. I also now realize I have an addictive personality, anything I like I will abuse, PERIOD. Having the surgery was the gateway to a 8 years nightmare. I have done everything to manipulate getting pills, Changing Dr's constantly, going to the emergency room. Now I get my medicine from a pain clinic and do have legitimate issues to take the meds. One problem is my hernia I deleloped from my Gall Bladder and the other is Chronic Pelvic pain. I just got a new prescription two weeks ago and I am out already. I am taking anywhere from 10-12 pills a day of 10mg percs. I know that is not good for my liver but I need to take that many in order to function. I have been out completely for two days now. I have to say that the Dextromethorphan (cold med) does work to take the edge off. I have also been taking a lot of vitamins because I just don't have any energy and it take s all of me to get out of bed. I'm going to get my prescription for Wellbutrin when I get out of work because I hear that helps as well. I was a mess yesterday but I prayed for God to take this from me and it is honestly just will power. For me it was mental and physical cravings I had. I have to have surgery next month and I will be back on them again but this time I will take them as needed and as prescribed. It is really hard to fight this addiction. I was in denial a long time that I even had one. It's my dirty,lil secret I keep to myself. Having a forum like this is very helpful. You began to realize you are not alone and by yourself. Other people are going threw the exact same thing. It is true that after the first couple days it is no longer a physical craving it is all mental. You have to learn to control the need for this drug. Who would have thought that having gallbladder surgery would have made me have to fight and resist this demon for the rest of my life. They say that people that get addicted to pain pills are using it because they have been abused or hurt and it is a way to mask the pain and not feel anything. In my case I believe that to be true and i'm also about to go threw therapy to talk threw some of my issues. This is my story of what i've been threw on pain killers.