ive been on 10/650 qid hydrocodone for 4 yr for back pain had surgery no longer need meds what is the withdraw symptoms and how long will it take to be free of the craving thank you :-(

I was hoping there was an answer to this one because I didn't even know I would have any addiction to anything as I don't abuse medications .. and even took myself off pain pills before by choice. But this time it was a cough syrup so I didn't think it was the same. Now I can't sleep and I have a new job. I was hoping someone would have answered this question you asked as I want to be able to sleep again and want to know what the cravings are like.

Withdrawl from opiates is no picnic man... I been perscribed OC 40 and OC IR 15 for a few years now and have started the process by weening myself down using Lortabs. Day 10 and im down to 25MG a day which is pretty low. But you can expect the withdrawl to be pretty crappy. Get some immodiam AD, some kind of benzo (do not take for more than 4-5 days) for sleep and anxiety. Baths and Banana's help with the muscle spasms. Just be prepared man thats the best advice I could give you. Stay away from anything like suboxone or subutex as you will just get addicted to them... Its a never ending cycle. Just try and keep a positive attitude and remind yourself the bad feelings will not last forever just a few days.