Im 40 year old female who is prescribed percocet for chronic neck pain. I have been taking them for a year now. started with 1 to 2 a day & now anywhere from 8 to 10 a day & can easily understand how that can lead to more. Well its gotten to the point that I am using more that what I am perscribed which in turn leaves me short for the month until i got back to the doc for my refill. the last few days I have tappered off to make them stretch & needless to say I cannot sleep.. i am waking at about 2 am & i feel like i could go back to sleep but my body is soooo restless that I cant!!! Is this what happens??

You are addicted to prescription drugs and will need some will power to withstand some discomfort to get off the dependency. You won't be sleeping for a while. You better explain all this to your doctor. You may need some better professional help. It's not going to get any better on it's own.

Sounds like you are at least mildly addicted. You have to make a decision now, and I would urge you to stop with the opiates now. Since you have tapered down already you can start to think about getting off. Even a quick taper can make all the difference.

Read other peoples experiences, do research. The "Home Remedies for Opiate Withdrawal" has some good tips. Get on here and vent...

You have to plan for this, going into it blind makes it worse.

Finally, you really have to make up your mind to get off. Having that attitude to push through the withdrawal is the make or break thing in this deal. It can turn withdrawal into something you have to get over to get to a better place vs an end of the world type withdrawal.

If you cannot do it yourself then seek professional help.

Good luck!

If you are perscribed Perks for Chronic pain then you will have a tuff decison deciding weather you want to be on pain killers for the rest of your life or deal with the pain. Problem is pain killers are very addictive. You get immuned fast and will need to continue to increase your dosage for the same effect. The withdrawl sypmtoms will be 100 times worse than with the pain you originally had to start taking Perks in the first place. You stao ted you cannot sleep. I know exactly how you feel.

I am addicted to roxicodone 30's. That is basically a 30mg pure percocet with not acetamethopen. The withdrawl symptoms are freaking hell. I would rather jumb off a building then have to ever feel the way thatI did. Withdrawl symptoms include: cold sweats, restless leg syndrome, back pain, leg pain. You feel like you cannot relax, like if there is something crawling in your skin. Diarrhea and maybe some flu like symptoms. If you are wanting to get off the Perks there are a few ways to help come off. If your tolerance to opiates is high enough. Suboxone may be usefull to you as it is for me. I am on my second day on suboxone and feel no withdrawl symptoms whatsoever. There are 2 ingredients in suboxone. Buprenophrine and naloxone. Buprenophrine acts as the opiate to stop withdrawls and at the same time naloxone bocks you opiate receptors so you do not get high. This allows your opiate receptors heal to avoid the crave for the drugs.

Taking 8-10 perks a day is a lot. Your addiction is only going to get worse. Hope my info was helpful.

Wow...Sounds like my story to a "T" but I suppose that is exactly how addiction becomes to be??? I am 42 been on perks for 4 years & at the end of my rope with depending on the pills to function... I take about 8 a day & I too cut myself short at the end of the mo because I have become so tolerant to my dose & which my pain in def controlled but the ill feeling from not taking them is why we take the next dose, usually sooner than really needed because that is how this type of medication works & its an insane crazy cycle... every single mo. I honestly resent that I have to revolve my life around stupid pills. I plan to talk to my primary care doc tom about meds he can give me to get thru WD at home because there is no real help or resources avail to me.. I have tried over & over to find help but there is nothing avail to me except for the mental hosp which I have already attempted & refuse to go back to the Mental Jail!!! Thats excatly what it is... they have zero compassion & just leave you doped up & when i was admited 6 mo ago by self admission I was offered a mattress on the floor in the middle of mentally ill patients & I was not in anyway accepting that as humane treatment... This is medical to me & I should have the proper treament medically to get off the meds but clearly my ins is only good to pay my pain man doc & my RX every mo. I would just love to know why I have to suffer??? I hope my doc will listen & understand & offer me some helpful resources.. My pain Man doc is pointless for that... All he wants is the mo visit payment & thats terrible that I cannot get help from the doc who is prescribing the meds in the 1st place...