I was playing a rugby game, and in the scrum (locked together position), my head was forced down hard a few times, and I felt some pain and stiffness as I got up. Now, four days later, my neck and upper back still hurt whenever my head jerks at all or when i put my hand against the front or back of my head and push. Could this be some sort of an injury? Should I see a doctor or the trainer? Thank you for any comments/information/suggestions.

Hi this is called hyperflexion and is similar to whiplash in that the muscles and ligaments are overstretched. you could see a physio if the problems continue, but if you treat with gentle movements, anti inflammatories and heat / ice compresses you should find that it eases up within the next 7 days. Any alterations in sensation down your arms / hands or dizziness then seek medical advice straight away

Ya same but im not sure if this is it. i was putting on a XS football helmet and i guess i push down too hard and then my neck crack and suddenly started to hurt everytime i looked to the sides or look up.