Often I feel as if there is a bruise on the back of my head on the right lower side. I have had no injury to my head. It feels painful to the touch. Some days it hurts more than others. What could it be? A gland of some kind? Any help would be appreciated.

i get the same thing and have had it for years
don't know what it is either

If you had no injury or cut on your head the only thing that comes to my mind is that you have problems with lymph nodes. Have you noticed any problems with immune system like if you are having a flu or maybe your body aches all the time. There are few lymph nodes at the back of your head where your neck and head connect, and I understand that you have described the swelling to be located at this point. Sometimes only a minor condition can cause the swelling but sometimes there are serious conditions like cancer that can trigger your lymph nodes. So the good option for you would be to test there at the hospital.

I have samething ny head feeks like it is bruised and back of neck aches especially when lying down ?

I too have had this same pain for a few years. It is not a noticeably constant pain but i seem to remember it is there if i apply pressure, such as resting on a pillow, wearing a work helmet or a tight fitting hat.
I also have had no injury and i can locate the pain to 2 bumps on back of skull, above the ear hieght and towards the base of the skull just before the neck muscle starts.
It is symetricaly parallel on each side and hurts with the same amount of equal pressure. I have not had a migraine in years so i dont think its headache related and the pain feels exterior of the skull, not internal near my brain, but under my skin where neck muscles are not present and feels like hard bone.
Does this also describe the location in better detail or do i have something different ?

I have similar pain and my chiropractor said it was due to strain from the sternocleidomastoid. Look it up...it makes a lot of sense. Hope that helps.

makes sense about the sternocleidomastoid cause mine feels same way but I have cervical spine stenosis my neck nerves are c**p

It's Occipital Neuralgia is most likely the cause.

I was just looking for answers on this, and what you explained, is EXACTLY where I get the pain and it feels the same way. You explained it better than I could think of. Have you found any anwsers for this?

I'm experiencing the same thing and was also hoping for answers! H E L P this suuucks.

I got the same but the answer I found is due to tension headache
Cure is relaxing bath and try to relax your muscles

Could be an ingrown hair follicul or even your pillow maybe to hard

I agree, ON

This is exactly how mine feels

And it feels great when massaged like deep tissue massage maybe that will help look for answers