Went to my doctor when after a month a stiff neck primarily on the right side. He also noted during an exam that my right ear was very red, throat somewhat red though neither hurt. I did nothing I can think of that caused the next pain. Sometimes the pain extends into the head at ear level. Pain is inconsistent from annoying to painful. He gave me an antibiotic for the ear along with Flonaise along with an Anti-inflamatory drug. Ive seen no improvement in the neck pain. Its been 7 days.
I also started aboout a year ago to have off and on ringing in the ear in the right side.
Any idea if all of these are related and what it might be? Im 49 yrs old, good health

hi there,i've had constant pain left side ear neck and throat for 6 months now it's driving me mad, mine all started with a severe throat infection the doc gave me strong antibiotics which helped for my throat,couple weeks later i suddenly got this bad pain in my head ear and jaw and neck it was only on the left side i thought it was nothing probably something that will pass anyways 1 week later i had the exact pain still, i started getting worried that this could be something bad,went back to doctor they said my throat was red so they gave me more antibiotics which helped again my throat but the pain was still there so the doc sent me for a ct scan of the brain it was normal,also got blood tests that was normal too but the pain is still there so i thought i'd give it time maybe it will go but 6 months later i still have the same problem i'm so depressed from it that i'm taking antidepressants, so my doc sent me to a neuro i explained the pain to him he said thats weird he said i got to get a mri done of the brain and cervical spine i get the results tomorrow for that i'm nervous as hell anyways what i also forgot to mention is that i have a hard swollen gland in my neck on the left just below my ear it's been there for ages so i am also getting a ultrasound for that too!!! and 4 weeks ago i had a bad left sided ear infection that cleared after antibiotics but guess what i have another bad ear infection on my left ear again as i speak lucky me hey,i'm just so sick of it i have 2 kids to take care of and it's really hard cause this pain is draining me out ,so anyways i just thought maybe u can tell me a little more about whats happening to u and i'd really like it if anybody could tell me if they have ever been through this and if they have what could this be??my heart goes out to everybody take care.

I have all the symptoms you have and have been told it's nothing - did you ever get an answer to what was wrong with you? I have also had eye infections and been told it's probably linked to my throat/ears and everything else. Please could you let me know if you know what this is?

I am also experiencing the same issue. I have no insurance and have been self medicating with analgesic rubs, tylenol, naproxyn, along with hot and cold compresses. I have a tens unit that I normally would use on my low back pain-I attached the electrodes to the back of my neck just to get a little sleep. Good luck to US !

I had ticklish, irritating sensation in left throat and under left ear and inside the ear also. It made me make a grunting sound but continuous like a growl in the nights. Closest thing I knew in my experience was allergy. But the left eye also started watering, turning red and some pokey pokey feeling came and went (piercing pain--momentary) in the eye and ear too. I have just recovered from urticaria as well. So this Doc suspects a three-point neuralgia (pain of nerver) which runs down my left face like a C --including eye (behind eye, ear and into throat). I have to take drugs for two weeks (nerver soothers, he said) Net says it was earlier used for epilepsy!! Anyway two weeks and I will know. And oh, the usual cetrizine, allergan too have been prescribed.

I have had a lump in my left throat for 4 years. I was so freaked out that i tried everything before going to the doctor. He said take antibiotics...so i did and the pain got so bad that I nearly lost my mind. I went to an ENT surgeon who said it was nothing but could be Jaw Joint(TMJ) and a condition "Glossopharnegeal Nuralgia" So I went about my business and continued in severe pain. Left side of troth with a bitter taste in my mouth and occasional white patches on the left of my tongue...caused by me sticking my fingers in to find something that wasn't there."If you look for something in your mouth and you don't know what your looking for...you will find it". My jaw seems to be the problem and causes eye pain-neck pain-throat pain and the clicking causes trauma to the joint causing mouth pain. anyway I went back to the ENT guy four times to be told that nothing unusual was going on but he sent me for a CT scan and subsequent MRI just to prove that nothing was wrong other than TMJ....I was gutted when they came back clear because there must be something wrong if i'm in so much pain!!!! The ENT guy sent me to a neuro surgeon(pain Specialist) who did a stellete ganglion block(injections in the neck) and guess what....Nothing... still in pain...if not worse...I am going back for more injections and hopefully will eventually get a result.....It is hard to believe that you could be in so much pain yet have nothing wrong....please god we will be free one day....will keep you poated....

TMJ sucks! I thought I would die before mine got better. Hot and cold compresses helped on the jaw joint. Finally I had jaw surgery and it was fixed. That is definately a last resort. Good Luck

mayssa wrote:

I am a 33 year old male living in Jamestown, Ny & I have been suffering from the same symptoms for about a month now. I have had fullness in my right ear, stiff/sore neck, and migraine headaches along with the previous two symptoms. I too was given an antibiotic in the beginning of my symptoms and it had a positive effect while taking it but since then the 3 symptoms I have mentioned have continued and despite my efforts they have failed to subside. The antibiotic I was prescribed was amoxicillin and I have been using ibuprofen or tylenol to treat my headaches. The ear and neck issues have continued though. Today I will be going back to the doctor and will post my doctors next "diagnoses" for others comparison with related issues. -Pool Hustler, Md.

Try looking into an elongation of the styloid process/ stylohyoid ligament calcification aka eagle's claw syndrome. This can poke into the muscle and nerves in your neck giving off many sensations.

OH MY GOD, I SWARE YOU SOUND JUST LIKE ME! I DEALT WITH THIS FOR MONTHS. I KEPT SAYING ITS SOMETHING OTHER THAN MY TMJ. BUT HONESTLY THEY PROVED ME WRONG. I STILL GET THEP AIN NOW AND THEN, BUT SLEEPING WITH A MOUTH GUARD AND TAKING PRESCRIBED SKELAXIN WITH THE PAIN ..IT HAS TRULY HELPED!!!