I started getting a slight sore throat yesterday and today I has gotten worse I am in soo much pain to swallow I am on the verge of crying. My neck is stiff..it feels like it could go for a good popping and then the back of my head hurts and behind my ears and in my ears hurt really bad it is mostly on the right side..and I have no fever so I dont think it is Meningitis unless you dont always get a fever when you have meningitis..anyone have ideas on what it could be.

I feel the same exact way!! Stiif neck, right side of throat really hurts and hard to swallow. no fever either and my body hurts and ears are sorta popping and hurt. Did you find out what it was? Are you feeling better now?

im having this problem as we speak...

the back of my neck is killing me, looking down creates instant pain, ive been popping my ears by opening my mouth or yawning, my throat is a little sore, and its really hard to swallow, along with some thick nasty (low amount) mucus that i can hardly dislodge from time to time. Seemed like a little bit of blood in the mucus spit. Also lower back is sore, but that comes and goes on a normal basis anyways. I also have a headache that wont go away. Earlier i took 1500mg of acitamenophen and 440mg of naproxen, and it barely touched the pain...

what the hell is this?

at first i thought it was strep throat, but since my throat isnt horrible like it should be, im not sure what to think of it.

i'm having the same problem, the headaches going away but my throat doesnt feel any better, maybe worse. the pain moved from mid way in my throat, to the top back of my mouth. i want to know what this cause it hurts like hell

i had the same problems. i went to the doctor, i ended up having an infection in and behind my eardrum.

I have the same issues described, two weeks ago I went to a swimming hot springs, A soar jaw followed about 3 days later (so I assumed it was a ear infection, was wrong), after being so soar that it hurt to eat or even open my mouth without medication I went to the doctors, they did not know what was wrong with me, the pain had spread to my ear and the very back most base of my tongue. The doctor decided to perform a Strep Test, 30 minutes later the results come back Positive for Strep Throat! OUCH! I dont even have a single bit of discomfort in my throat or anything as I have experienced with strep in the past. I am now on antibiotics to clear it up (10 day dose) and Ibuprofen for the swelling and vikodin for the massive pain.

i have also had these feeling ears feel block and sometime painfull neck and lower head hurts when i look downwards al through has become very sore and thick mucus which sometime looks like it has blood init does anybody know what this is and can anybody tell me a cure please ....

If you have thick mucus like that and you have blood in the mucus then you should see your doctor as soon as possible. I'm afraid it's a condition that will not clear itself up and there's a cure, but you need to go to a doctor to get it diagnosed and then get a course of treatment. I hope that you are able to go as soon as possible. Keep us posted on your diagnosis.

I have also been suffering from all of these symtoms.

My symptoms started in early may therefore i went to see a doctor .
He had prescribed me some capsules and everything seemed to work up until my prescription was done.
The pain immediately came back a few days after my last capsule was taken.
I afterwords went to see another doctor and he seemed to have a very different opinion about
my symptoms . He also gave me a prescription and several weeks after the symptoms were back.
It has been over two months now that i have been suffering from this and i am truly tired of it .

If anyone has information or any remedies please reply, the help would be GREATLY appreciated .

Hi there, if you've gone on a course of treatment from your doctor and you've had a relapse, I think it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor again about the relapse. It's hard to tell if it's a chronic condition or if it turns out to just be a reinfection. Either way, it would be a good idea to check with a doctor about it. Does that make sense?

This all sounds very similar to what I have been experiencing. About three weeks ago I started with a fever and a sore throat. I had already been fighting a runny nose for weeks but then the fever came. After a few days I got a cough that left my throat raw and sore and my ears clogged up.
I started feeling better and the fever had broke but my ears were still clogged up. I thought I was on the mend but about 4 days ago I noticed a spot in my throat started to hurt. No blood or anything was or is being coughed up but the pain from the one area in the right side of my throat is becoming worse and worse. It hurt to swallow and the pain resinates through my jaw, right temple, and right ear. Also... my shoulders and neck are tight and hurt.
I lost my job a couple months ago so I don't have insurance and now I am kind of at a loss at what to do. I cant afford a trip to the doctor but this is getting to be too painful. Both of my kids seem to have got the same thing but have not complained of the headache and sore in the throat as I have... at least not yet.
Any idea's?

THE SAME EXACT THING IS HAPPENING TO ME! Well, I'm on acutane and one of the main symptoms is dryness and i figured my body was just aching from lack of water. But then i woke up and the inside of my ear is killing me and when i walk i get stabbing pains there with every step. the back of my neck and head hurt and so does the left side of my throat. All of my pain is on the left side. I have yet to find a doctor that knows what he's talking about because I live in a very strange town but I'm pretty sure it's a type of ear infection. 

i have the same thing but on the left side of my throat.and i  was at a public pool about a week ago and my brother squirting water in my ear.i thought it was just a fever but it got worse.i took excedrin and all pain went away then came back when it wore off

Same issue here. Except not as similar. 
When I bend  my head to look up, eyes wide open, it's fine.
However If my eyes are slightly open it hurts like a b***h.
------
Bending the head down isn't as much pain Either way, it's there but it's just that annoying type of pain, not "OMG IT HURTS"
Bending the neck LEFT gets me a pain in the Lower Right area of my neck where the shoulder bones are. 
Bending the neck RIGHT does the same thing.
------
I can swallow, but I get pain in the back of my mouth, and a soreness in the middle front of my neck.
------
The mucus has blood in it, not thick but still consistent amounts.
I also feel after 4 hours of work, Like utter S**T 2 hours in. Usually it dosen't make me feel anything.
---
Medicine fails to work in reducing the pain. 
This is my 2nd Day with it, HOWEVER- My DAY off is on FRIDAY Today is SATURDAY, and my job
dosen't have much in terms of "SICK days". Just "Personal Time" and I'm 3 months in and I don't get it for 2 more.
So unless my boss is kind enough, going to the doc will have to be postponed.
----
God, 9 hour shift tommorow. Hope I don't pass out. =/

Hey did you guys ever figure out what that was? I'm in so much paIn now! :/ uugghhhhh