Could somebody tell me if shoulder pain, specifically in my shoulder blade and up the back of my neck with a blocked ear is all connected?

I have pain in my shoulder blade, I have to crack it constantly to get any relief. Then the pain went up my neck too. I have to now pop my neck to get any relief. Now I have a blocked ear too. The pain in my shoulder joints has been going on for over a year. It makes a terrible cracking noise. Becuase of pain I get in my joints I went to the doctor. I tested positive for Lupus but then I went to see a specialist and he said I don't have Lupus.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

hey there,
I'm having the same symptoms...possible to let me know what it mayb?? coz its kinda annoying though....at first i had thighs and leg pain only..i went to the clinic and then the doctor gave me orphenadrine and another tablet consist of B1, B6 and B12.. I'm not sure if thi effects are the side effects of that particular tablets.. hoping for a reply from anyone....

Meg

I have had a pluged left ear and tingling in my head, left shoulder pain and neck pain at the base for over a year. it is constant and it makes me dizzy. I have gone to ENT specialist, I had an MRI on my ear and cannot figure it out. I also get a weird feeling on my forehead above my eyebrow. Getting so frustrated with this feeling. Please has anyone else figured this out?

you may wish to have a physio or chiropractor look at you. I have postural problems and because of the nerves etc that become impinged can effect my ears and their ability to drain and thus my ability to hear feels muffled. I had a lot of success with chiropractic treatment so it may be worth it for you to look into. Good luck.

This could possibly be due to tight scalene and trapezius muscles, I have suffered this on both sides separately over the years, it drove me crazy the first time it happened and I spent several years searching for a solution, finally I figured out the problem and went to see a physiotherapist who specialised in Trigger point therapy, I explained the situation and what I suspected, she then proceeded to dry needle my scalene muscles and my trapezius at the tip of my shoulder, I felt a sudden twitch and a slight relieving pop and the stuffiness in my ear was gone and my shoulder was left slightly sore but resided in a couple of days.
12 months later suffered the same on the other side and resorted to the same treatment, again the problem cleared. I have since discovered that the aggravating factor in it is holding my mobile phone between my shoulder and ear whilst I work, haven't done this since and have not had the problem return.
Hope this helps some of you guys, I know how frustrating it can be.
Please post back if anyone gets relief as a result of this post, would love to show it to my Dr. who thinks it's all in my head. Lol

I too suffer from a blocked left ear for more than a year now. It is a continious sensation that does not go away, although sometimes it is worse than others. Everytime i move my head, neck, shoulders and even my hip i can hear/feel the pressure. I have only tried a couple of times where the feeling was completely gone and let me tell you it felt amazing, my energy and mental clarity was clearly affected positively. I am almost 100% certain it is psotural related and i recommend looking into myofascial release/self massage. Also I am almost certain that uneven hips is the true cause of the problem, because it will mess your whole back up and thus i believe the neck, shoulder and trap area are in fact symptons. So if you have this problem try look into proper posture specifically in the hip and core area.

If anybody else have experienced this, please share your thoughts

I'm a 26 year old male. Former childhood-high school athlete. I've had the same problem for a few years now in my left side. My left ear is blocked 24/7. I have chronic stiffness in the left side of my neck up into the back of my head and then back down my neck into my shoulder down the left side of my back and into my lower back which affects my bladder function. I have a hard time focusing, my vision often gets blurry and my eyes will water. I get headaches on the crown of my head left side, my mood gets really bad when the symptoms are strong. When I stretch out my shoulder and back, I get a dullness/numbness that goes into my left arm and down my left leg into my toes. I think the root of the problem is in the muscle or nerve behind my left shoulder. It could also be a muscle in the left side of my neck. Does anyone have any idea what this might be. I'm going to PT and take muscle relaxers when I need to and continually stretch. It's the only thing that really helps, but I've had this for 5 years now and it's getting pretty annoying. Please help!

I have had severe blockage in my ears both of them..feels as if I am on an aircraft 24/7..also pain in my neck ...even siringing them they are still blocked they have no clue what it is..lthough I get told they need siringed afterwards they are still blocked....really at my wits end this is the 9th year all the time you would think they would offer a MRI scan to get to the bottom of it..

What was the name of the physiotherapist you saw?! I'm in misery with the same issue and would love to speak with someone that has improved a condition like ours.

I had all of these issues. I seen and ear specialist and after some tests it turns out the the tube between my ear and nose does not drain properly. As a result he advised me to have a small tube inverted into my eardrum. I had it done as I was so frustrated with the symptoms. It didn't hurt to much just some pressure. Once in I could already feel results. It took a day or two to get used to the hearing side of things. This was the best thing I could of ever did for myself. It completely fixed all symptoms? No more closing, headaches Orioles shoulder pain. Only down side for me is that this tube eventually falls out and once it did I eventually started having the same symptoms again. I went and got another tube I hope this is helpful.

Omg I have these exact symptoms, including the weird slightly painful sensation above the eyebrow. I have no idea what it could be. I’ve had a problem with my ear before and was finally told that it’s TMJ. I don’t know if all of these are related though

Has anyone looked into the psoas muscle as a probable cause? I’m thinking that’s whats causing most of my troubles. I go to a chiropractor twice a week, but my physio friend who does microkinesitherapy (for pain relief) figured out the psoas. This: after 8 months of investigation including 15 doctors, tons of imaging, blood work, and “I don’t know” s.

Hello everyone,
I got a cure for you all. I suffered from it as well. This likely is because of frozen shoulder due to inactivity. My thing went away when I started running/ walking. My suggestion is you start walking but during walking take your hands right parallel to your ears when you swing your arms front and back. This will bring the shoulder muscles in action and everything will go away in a week. Walk at least 3 km per day. Good luck.

have they checked you for Meniere's Disease

Hello! I’m having the same problem as yours for 9 months now. Also going to PT but everything is still the same. Any update with your condition?