I had a hamorrhoid and I am out of province visiting family so I didn't have a doctor to see ad I have never had a hemorrhoid Before so I went to the hospital and the gave me a freezing sh*t cut it open and pushed a clot out but they never told me anything about how long it takes to heal or anything as they were so busy so I just want to know how long will it take to heal? Also how long does it bleed for? they never gave me stichess or any goze

If I understand correctly, you've had a hemorrhoidectomy (surgical removal of hemorrhoids)?

Recovery takes about 2 to 3 weeks. Pain is normal, so you can take pain medicine as your doctor prescribed. Also, some bleeding is normal, especially with the first bowel movement after surgery.  Apply ice packs to the anal area to reduce swelling and pain. Soak in warm water baths frequently because they help relieve pain and muscle spasms. Inability to urinate (urinary retention) is also one of the side effects of hemorrhoidectomy.

For a few days after surgery, drink a lot of liquids and eat a bland diet, such as plain rice, dry toast, bananas,  crackers, applesauce.

Also, after 2 or 3 weeks visit your doctor for follow-up exam.

Ok thank you I went to the hospital , they gave me nothing for pain and didn't tell me anything so this very helpful

Is it common for another clot to form after

I believe it's just swelling caused by procedure.

Ok so should I just follow up with my family doctor when I get back home?

Sure, I would suggest you do that.

Take care!