Hi everybody.

Well, it's been a pretty painful 4 weeks. I think I'm doing better as a whole, but I'm still having excrutiating pain during my bm's. I had a 3 week follow-up on Monday and I saw another doc just to get a second opinion.

Basically, both doc's

would not look inside or touch or do anything inside to see if I have or am having internal flare ups. I am very discouraged, as I think there's more going on than meets the eye. Both doc's said to basically not come back unless I'm having further problems (meaning, after this issue is completely resolved). I will be seeing another doc when this is all said and done to check for further internal flare ups, and take care of it right away, so I don't have to worry about this happening again.

Secondly, I was discouraged by my original doc, she still would not perscribe me anything on the outside or inside to help with healing. My other doc that I saw perscribed me rectagel (which I already have an old tube from) to use, but he said to mostly use it on the outside to help with my skin tags. The doc's did disagree about the skin tags. One said you can leave it alone, it may heal on it's own. The other doc said that the skin tags will not heal on their own, and I will have to have it surgically removed or shaved off??? OUCH.

Lastly, my second opinion doc didn't sound concerned at all, hardly looked for 10 seconds and just said, "you're still healing, come see me in a month." My original doc said "Wow, you are really healing very slowly. I really thought you would be healing a lot faster than this." She said because I popped that stitch, some of the stuff has come undone and it's taking a longer time to heal. I see my original doc on July 21st and if I haven't healed inside and the tags don't look better, she will have to go back in and stitch me back up and take off the skin tags. I REALLY, REALLY don't want any of this to happen, so what do I do?

She stated that people in Europe leave the surgery open to heal, so why can't I?

I don't understand why it still hurts so damn much when I have a bm. My Dad called and apparently he had this surgery years ago and he said they neglected to tell him that his rectum shrinks after surgery. WHAT? I'm doing everything right...fiber pills, water, fruit, veggies, more water and no matter how small or soft it is, it still hurts like hell. Does it still hurt so bad because it's "open" from when I popped that stitch? Some days are good, some days I'm in pain all day- like today.

I just don't know what else to do to help it heal. I filled my perscription for rectagel and am applying that on the outside and a little on the inside, but it doesn't seem to help ease the pain.

4 weeks is a long time to go with this amount of pain.

I am so sorry that you have had such a hard time getting doctors to actually take a look at you and if one doctor says that you're healing really slowly and the other blows you off, well, I say you should push on and go see another doctor! I am appalled at the lack of response and I think that you need to see someone --perhaps a specialist--who will take the time to look. When you book the appointment, maybe mention how unhappy you've been so that they know to take their time with you. Keep us posted, okay?

Sheek, Hey.. I'm sorry I did not see this post... I responded back to you in one of my old post. I now read your recovery so far and your 2nd opinion docs appt. Humm, I don't know what to say? Are you seeing rectal surgeons? I'm just asking? Yeah your right, they really can't examine you until you are healed, so they really don't want to touch you right now and search around I'm sure... As for your painful BM's... I really know you don't want to hear it but I do totally understand how you feel.... I'm 6 weeks post op and my BM's every single time are still very painful and now I bleed... so I truly understand how it hurts so bad... I keep thinking "Why did I have this surgery"? But I look as I will be hemorrhoid free and no more pain after I heal... And it does get better... I promise... it does and it will for me too hon.. This forum has been a life saver for me! Everyone is so helpful and nice... including you.. so thank you for all of your kind works.... I will pray for you too.... I don't know much about the skin tags? But I have read people talking about them on this site. But I remember you did pop your stitch, so maybe this is making your healing process a little slower? I'm still convinced I have a fissure but the doc could not really do a exam on me because of my swelling... So he gave me antibiotis for a month to take.. I'm still taking them... Ugh, sigh..... >:( Also, are you still doing your sitz baths? He told me to still do them 4-6 times a day... Somehow the warm water helps shrink the swelling? I don't know, I'm not a doctor...

I really hope you start feeling better soon! Take care of yourself and try to rest when you can... take short more frequent breaks... shoot lay down for a few minutes if you have to... I told my mom to get me hospital gurney for me to watch the fireworks tonight since it rained last night.. but I get my donut pillow instead... LOL... Keep me posted when you have time...

Hey everybody, thanks for taking some time to post your thoughts.

Yes, both doc's are colorectal surgeons. What is a specialist? Gastroenterologist?

I actually have been using my rectagel inside and on the outside. It was a bit hard at first, I just put it in as far as I could go and I tell you what, it has made a WORLD of difference. I am almost pain free with my bm's.... we're talking about a pain level of 10, sometimes I have no pain during or after (meaning, this weekend) and today with not a lot of fiber, my pain was about a 3 or 4 afterwards. My skin tag seems to have got smaller and smoother. The second doc said to just apply on the outside, but I thought, what the hell, I'll apply a little on the outside too, I know it won't hurt anything because I applied the gel with my fissure.

I've been concentrating so hard on fiber, fiber, fiber- that I have actually gained 10 pounds since my surgery. I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale.

Since I'm feeling better, I've got to start getting back to the gym. I agree, I'm going to go see yet another doctor. He's a "vein doc"....not sure what they are called, but my sister in law went to him for her internal hemi's. I know everybody has hemorrhoids, it's just how bad they flare up. Right now, I just want to make sure that it's all okay in there, before I start running and lifting weights and hitting the gym hard core again. I will have to wait to see the vein doc until everything is healed inside, but in my opinion, it will be well worth it. I don't want to just wait the rest of my life for another thrombosed hemi to come down.

Thanks again everybody!

sheek, a specialist is any doctor who concentrates on a certain part of the body instead of just general practice of medicine. Both colorectal and gastroenterologists are examples of specialists. When I said a specialist, what i meant was a doctor and not a surgeon. I'm not sure why surgeons are so stubborn to check a patient but I've found that surgeons usually are much worse at patient contact than doctors are. Hopefully you'll get your answers soon. Keep us posted!