I am new to this and would love to get some advice/guidance in this area. I currently have a hemorrhoid, and I have never had them in my life, I am in my thirties, was even pregnant...no hemorrhoids to this point. However, after my doctor recommended I do an enema to cleanse my bowels (after doing a liver/gallbladder cleanse) I developed one. Apparently, you can get a hemorrhoid from straining to hold and not releasing when your body needs to (which I did thinking I needed to hold the enema for 15 minutes) Bad...bad...move :-(

So now, I have a hemorrhoid about the size of a kidney bean (i can see it in mirror if i try really hard). I did see the doctor on Thursday and she told me it was a 'thrombosed hemorrhoid' and would need to be 'taken care of'. When I asked her what that meant. She said, that meant that a blood clot had developed in the vein and that the only way for it to heal was for her to cut the vein and take out the blood clot. I was in a bit of shock, so did not ask all the questions that have come to my mind since then. And have been reading everything I can get my hands on to try to understand this a bit better.

I am really concerned after reading the posts here, is this procedure she described the same as a "hemorrhoidectomy"? And if not, what is this procedure called? She acted like it was totally no big deal and that I would be fine in a week, two at most. I am scheduled to have the procedure done tomorrow in her doctor's office and would really love to hear from someone that knows more on this topic or can guide me in any direction.

Another thing is she said it was 'thrombosed' and from what I read, those are supposed to be really painful. The thing is...this does not hurt...not at all. It only feels 'odd' but no pain. The odd feeling comes when I use the bathroom, and sometimes after I dry off from shower...but no pain. It did feel a bit sore the 1st week...but I was clueless that I had a hemorrhoid and thought it was from the enema I did (which was not pleasant to begin with).

I also, do not know if this is an internal or external hemorrhoid. I can push it inside to where its not visible. But as soon as I move its right back outside :-( tricky little sucker... The doctor never told me, and I did not know enough to ask her any of the right questions when she was telling me I needed to come back for the procedure. Also, to the best I can tell, its not blue or purplish...just flesh colored...maybe a tad darker...but nothing extreme.

I had talked to someone at the healthfood store who said, that I should wait and see what happened with it, as our body can re-absorb the clot if it is there if I just give it time...(4 - 6 weeks according to her). But I would love to hear from somebody in the same situation or with more knowledge on this. I also wondered if this is a blood clot...what keeps it from moving? I mean, aren't blood clots dangerous? And cant they break loose and go on through the vein to some other part of the body and cause more damage, even death?

Same thing happened to me. I have irritable bowel syndrome and intestinal adhesions which cause frequent constipation. I have been using enemas successfully and without complications for the last 12 years. I also had a recent hemorrhoid like yours and went to the ER. I was told the same thing, it will be absorbed, no big deal. I'm going to follow up at a my colo-rectal surgeons office and have it drained. Mine is thrombosed as well but unlike yours, mine hurts. Go get yours taken care of at the local ER and you'll be much happier. They use a local anesthetic and drain out the blood which causes the 'roid.

Mike.

DO A GOOGLE SEARCH AND TAKE ANY HEALTH

MEDICINE THAT CONTAIN STONE ROOT AND

WITCH HAZEL FOR EXAMPLE: "HEMTAB" IS

NATURAL AND CONTAIN PLANTS THAT HELP

YOU WITH YOUR HEMORRHOID. ALTERNATIVE

MEDICINE IS GOOD AND MORE HEALTHY. 

My husband had pretty bad hemrrhoids and healed them himself by taking 600 mg of ibuprofen daily. A specialist had told him he required surgery; however, he healed it with ibuprofen. Ibuprofen decreases inflammation. Be careful it can make you sleepy and do not drink alcohol while you attempt this. You dont want to tax your liver any more than necessary. Soaking in a warm bath helps, too.