Had a couple of incisions to drain a thombosed external hemorrhoid which healed within a few short weeks. Left with a couple of small soft external skin tags/flaps. Is this normal? Will they eventually go away? Still putting prescribed Proctosol cream on these tags/flaps, is this okay? ;-)

I am very interested in anyone else's experience with this as well. I had to have the same thing doe (thrombosed external hemorrhoidectomy), but now have the small flap/skin tag they call it.....After getting rid of that darned hemorrhoid, I'd really like to not have anything else 'flapping' down there if you know what I mean. Hoping it wouldn't be anything like the original procedure, can't they go in and remove the tag as it could cause problems down the road I've read..... ANyone? Any thoughts? I'd love to hear (so I'm not alone)! :?

:cry: 4 years ago i had 3 very small skin tags outside my rectum and a rectal surgeon cut only one off at the hospital, it was very painful and I did not go back to get the others cut. I now have 7 very large skin tags and it is very unclean besides the fact that they are ugly. I recently went back to this doctor to get a couple hemhrroids injected but he avoided my questions on getting my tags surgically removed and i don't know why or what to do I have an appointment to see my family doctor to refer me another rectal surgeon is it hopeful that i can get them removed and how?

See another surgeon who uses the laser, Ligasure or
harmonic scalpel.

Pain should be far lesser with these instruments. I think
many surgeons use the laser to remove tags on an outpatient
basis over there in the US these days. The newest lasers
over there are pretty advanced and emit very fine thin beams,
third to fourth generation.

Not the case in Malaysia, where hardly any surgeons use
the laser for skin tags, let alone hemorrhoids.

I recently had a skin tag (about the size of a red bean) removed using an "Ellman Radiosurgery Scapel" using local anesthetic. Procedure was not painful at all.

I took a pain pill because I was warned that I would feel a lot of pain later.
That was the only pill that I took. There was pain, but not that much ( and I am a chicken when it comes to pain!)

That was last week. Now am waiting to see how things turn out once I heal.

I hope this info helps somebody.

Me too i had this also skin tag left after my hemorrhoidecomy. Really worried if it will go away, Is your skin tag already healed?

Hi just want to know if it's totally disappeard? because i have it also after my hemorrhoidectomy last friday? hope for reponse..thank you

I had Hemorrhoid over the years, and I have had countless different medications. My condition was becoming miserable day by day, I had to search for solution on the Internet then I came across the post of Benjamin about a Doctor who helped him get rid of Hemorrhoid, I Contacted the Doctor, and I purchased his product which I used for one month, and I was cured completely from it. now am free from Hemorrhoid, any one with such issue can also contact the doctor. life is all about choice i am happy because of the choice i went for,now i know that miracle do really happen.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi John, can you share what the product is? I would like to try it.

Hi may I know where do you do your procedure?