Has anyone had anal stenosis following internal hemorrhoid surgery? If so, how was it treated? Did it work? How painful was it? I am dreading my 3 month post op visit with the surgeon...we may head back to the operating room and I have never been this scared in my life. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, I'm sorry that I couldn't give u any advice because I am also suffering the same thing. I had my surgery 5 months ago and I still have pain. Through this website I hope someone would hear us and give us advice. My doctor gave me Nitroglycerin cream to relieve muscle spasm but it gave me headache and hypotension so I have to stop it. After that, my doctor said that I have to undergo another surgery to dilate the anal sphincter. However, I resist not to so he told me to keep my stool very very soft for me not to have anal fissure. As of now, until I see my doctor again. I just want to share to you to have a warm sitz bath with salt for 3 or more times a day. Keep eating oatmeal, a lot of fruits, raisins, prunes, and drink 8 glasses of water. Be healthy!

I recently got an EXTERNAL hemorrhoid and am desperate to have surgery although I do not know much about it. I have cream that soothes the little pain that I get but I really really want rid of it altogether as it gives me a lot of discomfort. Can someone please help? Many thanks.

My grandma had both internal and external hemmorhoids removed 3 months ago. At first she started showing improvements, at around 8-10 weeks it progressively started getting worse and pain medications no longer helped. We have taken her to 2 doctors and she had been to a specialist in St Louis twice, not to mention the 4-5 trips to the ER. She just got released by her colorectal specialist from St Louis Friday and they have basically told her they don't know what is wrong with her, it should heal...eventually. They did a CT scan confirming she doesn't have a fissure, they think the surgeon removed too much of the mucus lining. We, as a family have done all the research we can, trying to figure out what is wrong with her, I think she has anal stenosis, to be honest. She has given up and doesn't think there is anyone out there that can help her and it's very sad seeing her in this condition. Could someone please give me some information on where and what doctor they used for their anal stenosis procedure? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks in advanced for your help. God Bless!

I had a hemmorhoidictomy 4 years ago which resulted in anal stenosis. I had complained of constipation and ribbon-sized stools for a long time. Finally I was referred to a colorectal specialist. I had surgery last week and things are working better. I highly recommend seeking a specialist if you are not having positive results from your current caregiver. The surgeon I saw was Dr. Stanley M. Golberg at Colorectal Surgery in Minneapolis, MN. Excellent doctor!

Had a dilation this afternoon to correct anal stenosis. I'm in a lot of pain currently and wish I was admitted because the hospital has the good meds. Also I may have been able to find out what happened during the procedure since the nurses in recovery didn't seem to know. I really hope that once the initial pain is gone I'll be able to go to the bathroom without the horrific pain I had after my hemorrhoidectomy. I had to actually squat over my kids training potty to get anything out because sitting wasn't an option. I will bookmark this page and try to remember to update so that it might benefit people. I am having a hard time finding info on pain and recovery after dilation from stenosis!

Reasons for Hemorrhoidectomy: Huge internal hemroids Inside hemroids that are nonetheless leading to complications right after inability of an operative as well as non-surgical treatment. Like a stapling as well as silicone band ligation. Significant outer hemroids that are very distressing and/or are usually substantial enough to create complications in keeping the particular anal area clean up. Previous been unsuccessful cures regarding either internal as well as outer hemroids. The actual hemorrhoidectomy normally supplies far better lasting benefits when compared with many of the additional treatments. What to assume after the medical procedures. Soreness, you will see a number of soreness after the medical procedures, this is the majority of unpleasant using the very first several colon activities right after medical procedures. There were a number of cases from the people fainting as well as passing out using the very first several colon activities. Constipation, possibly you have a number of constipation. This can be in some instances since the individual is usually worried from the soreness he may include which has a colon mobility and so attempts to be able to lengthen finding the colon mobility so long as feasible. Other leads to could possibly be through the shock for the rectum and also anal area and also effecting the particular nerves in this area. Invest specific prescription drugs, particularly drugs might cause constipation. Consequently your doctor will most likely not recommend a narcotic pertaining to soreness command. Presently there can be a number of blood loss right after medical procedures. This can be particularly true using the very first several colon activities. You can rip reduce the particular sutures as well as stitching if you do to be able to considerably straining. This can be coming from raising as well as moving with something as well as straining any time creating a colon mobility.