Herbs for healing are becoming more and more popular in western cultures, or so it appears when we read the news, online and offline. Is there really much of an increase in the use of herbal healing? Does this also mean that modern medicine has taken a dive in terms of popularity? What is your stance on this?

Sometimes I think that people try everything that they hear about. In this age of information being just a click away, more people are aware that herbs are a possibility for treating diseases now. I frankly don't think that this has lead to fewer people seeing "real" doctors - surgery rates are still very much on the rise in the US.

Who says that more people are turning to alternative healing? Is this something that you are assuming simply because herbal healing is more published and publicized now? I don't think herbal healing IS more popular now; before the advent of modern medicine, herbs were all humans had to cure disease. I think what we are experiencing now is no more than a media hype around herbal healing. Where are the figures that say more people use herbs for healing than before?