Hi, can you tell me something more about the healing power of herbs? I am hyper sensitive to synthetic drugs. I have experienced every possible side effect there is. Now I am thinking of trying herbal medicaments. Do they have serious side effects? Who do I have to talk to about prescriptions?

Hi, I myself use herbs rather than synthetic drugs whenever I can. There are many advantages of using these natural medicaments. All of the active ingredients in synthetic drugs come from natural resources, or are made based upon them. Scientists often only concentrate these ingredients and form them into pills and tablets. So why should you use synthetic when you can have the real thing? Herbal medicaments are safer and, in my opinion, more efficient then synthetic. Literally every plant has some kind of healing ability. For instance willow bark was used as an antipyretic and the substance that has these healing abilities was later extracted and is now known as aspirin. For stomach cramps there is nothing better than home made mint tea. For soar throat and dry cough you can use marsh mallow syrup. Chamomile tea helps with menstrual cramps and nerves... There is also a wide range of herbal mixtures that are very helpful. Most of these products are bought over the counter, but you can consult with a naturopathic doctor about which ones are the most suitable for you.