I was wondering could you recommend herbs for healing. I decided to grow them by my self. Also, I never understood why some plants are supposedly poisonous eg digitalis, but are still used for medicinal purposes. Are there any herbs we should be wary? I don’t want to risk with them because of kids.

Yes, I know about Digitalis. It is the one we are warned about often and yes it is used in heart medication but the difference is that the chemists that use it know exactly how to use it and how much to use. People usually make mistakes thinking that because it is natural and from nature that the herb is ok to use for healing. My advice to you since you plant to grow plants for healing is to first get some good books and learn how to use them and the dosage. You are safe with the common culinary herbs, but there are some such as pennyroyal that have been taken as an abortive.