Hi! I know that I’m allergic to cats. I did some allergic test and it show that I can not stand to be near cats. The problem is that I need to go to live in my sister’s home and she has two cats. I’m wondering can allergy shots help in my cat allergy treatment?

I’m also allergic to cats for years. I remember that once I got allergy shot and that it helped me a lot. Allergy shots are like vaccinations. They can boost the defenses of your immune system to help your body block the allergic reaction. And you don’t need to worry because allergy shots are safe and effective.

Hello there,

As the poster above me has already written, you can use allergy shots, and they will help you a lot.  I don’t know why you have to go live with your sister, but I presume that you have good reason for that. Since you will be staying at her home it wouldn’t be nice of you to ask her to get rid of the cats. My mother is allergic not only to cats, but to other animals as well such as dogs, rabbits, foxes. We tried to have a dog, but it was too much for her so finally we gave up. Maybe your sister will realize how much it is hard for you to live together with cats.