Hi! I’m allergic to dust mites for years. Now I realized that I’m also allergic to pets. I really started to worry because maybe it’s something wrong with my immune system. My aunt told me that I need to take more Vitamin C. Is it true that Vitamin C can prevent allergy symptoms?

Yes, it’s true. I read something about it recently. Researches show that high doses of vitamin C lower blood histamine levels. Probably you know that histamine is the substance that causes allergy symptoms. You should take at least 1000 mg of vitamin C per day. If you eat enough fruits and vegetables, maybe you wouldn’t have to take antihistamines.

that's not quite true - histamine is not the substance that *causes* allergy symptoms. An ineffective, hyperactive immune system is what causes allergy symptoms, and histamine is part of how the immune system works. Vitamin C recorrects the immune system.
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed