I had surgery a little less than a year ago. My doctor starting prescribing me hydrocodone 5/325 with instructions of "1-2 every 4-6 hours as needed for pain.". Since the surgery, he has been very "loose" with calling me in refills and every time he calls in a script for 80 pills with the same instructions. I think I'm starting to see signs of addiction. I think at this point in my recovery, I have pain associated with recovery that would justify the medication about every 4-6 weeks that lasts about a week. I probably could get by on 20-40 pills that week if relieving the pain was my only concern. However, the last 3 times I have gotten a refill for the pain, he's given me 80 and they are gone in 10-14 days. That's not good. When I'm in pain, I take more than I need. And when the pain goes away, I keep taking them and can't seem to stop myself. Plus, after I run out, I definitely feel some withdrawal symptoms for a few days (irratability, "stomach issues", and an RLS type feeling in my shoulders at night). So my question... If I am really starting to experience the beginnings of addiction, can I fall back to what I medically need or do I have to stay away forever? Maybe the next time I have pain, I should just ask my doctor to only call in 30 pills.

so soeey i m going through through the same thing   just ask god for help