How long does it take for Methodone to leave your body if you were prescibed 120mg daily for 11 months, I feel terribly ill. I am 64 years old.

Worst case..it can take upwards of a month to begin to feel anywhere human again! I came off 360mgs a day for 12 years and that took me about 6 weeks to start feeling somewhat human! I hope your doing ok. I wish you well with it!

well,it depends how your metabolism works. It's different from person to person. For me it took 10days to get off methadone but I was on a lower dose than you.I was on 100mg per day. So...i can tell you for sure that you need minimum 12days to wait to get off methadone. Drink a lot of water,soda with lemon, vitamin C.Drink at least 2 liters of water per day.

Ive been on Methadone 8 years now at 120mg a day...If i ever have to say whats hell on earth, it would be to detox from this. I live in Texas and when Katrina hurricaine came thru and I couldnt get my methadone I thought I was dying. No hospital helped..they give you hydrocodone which if they knew about methadone WD theyd know thats not gonna work. Get some Clonidine blood pressure medicine and take 0.1mg twice a day if you can ( no probs with low BP because this lowers it ) It helps amazingly more than anything. I used valium to help sleep and the clonidine for the restless legs and yuckky feeling. Nothing is going to magically help. It will give a bit of relief tho..lots of broth and juice or Ensure..keep up your intake of water and nutrients. Why are you off if I may ask?