I am on Day 2 of withdrawal from 25 mcg/hr fentanyl patches that I was on for 3.5 months for a cyst on my sciatic nerve. I was also using soma and vicoden for breakthrough pain. Sunday night I was really bad, monday I had anxiety and couldn't sleep but for an hour at a time. Today I am through the anxiety (mostly, and feel much better) but have a fever and still have diarrhea. How long should I expect this to last?

I am done with taking prescriptions without finding out what I am taking. Not smart I know, but if I would have known that I would have to go through withdrawals after less than 4 months of using this the way that I am supposed to I would never have taken it.

I was on fentanyl for almost 10 yrs and I'm only 37. Weaned myself off with the help of klonopin. I thought I would die. I think Fentanyl should only be used if your going to die soon anyway!!!

Why 25 mcg? You should have been weaned off SLOWLY.