I had a high temperature, appetite loss and experienced fatigue couple of months ago. After a blood test, doctor demanded that I do some additional testing and that showed I suffer from chronic myelogenous leukemia. How long can I live with that condition? I would like an honest answer, please...

I have to admit that this really is a dangerous condition, but the prognosis today is far better than it was couple of years ago, This means that if the therapy prevents the fatal end in the first 5 years, then the percentage of those who have a normal lifespan is about 89% and that is a lot.

Well,
If I am not mistaking chronic myelogenous leukemia is a type of cancer of the blood. I know that this type of blood cancer is not that common. This cancer progresses slowly then the acute cases of leukemia. I am not sure what is the life expectancy. I know that people can live with disease for many years and in some days they can be very sick and in some days everything will be normal. It important to talk to your doctor about this condition because you will need to adjust your every day obligations to this condition. I hope that you will be able to manage this disease.

Good luck,
Karel

you live until you quit living, I have it, and I lived yesterday and today, gonna plan for tomorrow too and I'll let you know when I am done living...ha

The best answer I am your side and ready to cheer u up