Hello, I have a sister; she is pregnant for four months. I would like to know if she is in any danger and her baby too. Our father suffers from myeloid leukemia and I guess I would like to know if leukemia can be inherited? I am so worried for her and I do not even don’t know how to tell her, if the answer is not good.

Myeloid leukemia is a condition in which 30% of the patients have the aberration on the chromosome. This means that this condition might be inherited, but that might not be the case with your sister, or even you. If you are worried, you should take her to take some genetic tests to determine if she has the same aberration. You could do the same too.

I'm conceive with 8 weeks and the baby father is diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia for almost 3 years. I'm worry whether will affect the chromosome disorder or down syndrome or inherited as my current age is 36 years. Please advise