Hi, I am diagnosed with acute leukemia. When I went to doctor, I never thought that it could be so serious. I was just concerned about bruises and nose bleeds. I am just wondering what are my chances for surviving.

Hi, you are not alone. I was diagnosed with acute leukemia last month. My clinical picture showed that I have severe anemia, and my symptoms were fatigue and malaise. I also had a fever, and all those reasons were enough for a doctor to suspect on anemia. Our bone marrow cells are unable to properly mature, so they continue to reproduce and accumulate. Acute leukemia is very dangerous without a treatment. However, with a proper treatment, you have better chances of surviving. Some people are even cured. I was depressed for a whole month since I found out that I suffer from acute leukemia, but then I realized that I mustn’t stop fighting just because I’m scared. I owe it to my family, and to myself.

Hi I just want to say YES you can make it i am living prof that WE can beat leukemia (ALL) I was diagnosed in Nov. of 1998 and went through chemo for 4 years IV and 2 years with pills and thank God i am in remission and have been for 7 years. Don't give up fight no matter what! The doctors told me i was going to die and i told my self no way i know i was not put on this earth to die, but to live, and be living prof that with prayer, faith and all the love and support from your family and true friends WE can make it!!!!

Hi it is true that you can survive Leukemia with the proper treatment. I got diagnosed with (ALL) when I was 1 year old and my symptoms of leukemia when I was a child were a fever, fatigue and I was having trouble walking. the doctors told my mother that I only have 6months to live and I stayed in a unit with the rest of the children that were diagnosed with Leukemia also..Only two surivived myself and another female that I know till this day. I went through chemotherapy and now Ive been in remission for 20 yrs.