Hello! I have never had in my life tonsillitis. I am 32 years old and this time I gout tonsillitis from my nephew. I want to ask you how long it usually takes for a bad case of tonsillitis to recover. My doctor prescribed me penicillin and I really feel awful. So, I think that I have very difficult case of tonsillitis. Thank you in advance!

Hello! Well, maybe you feel that you have bad case of tonsillitis, but I doubt that actually that is case. You obviously caught bacterial tonsillitis from your nephew. You will need to rest a lot and take prescribed medicines and injections. I can tell you that everything should be all right after ten or twelve days.

I am currently suffering from Peritonsillar abscess and it is the most unbearable pain I have ever suffered. I am currently on antibiotics (Clindamycin) and pain medication although the sallowness has gone down it still hurts to swallow and even eat....It start to attack my ear and neck. The only advice is to rest and try not to speak and keep taking your medication. I am going on 7 days now and hoping to fully recover. I even ended up in the ER but nothing was drained as it wasn't that "bad" of the case but all I can say is I feel everyone's pain when suffering through this kind of illness.

Lastly, the doctor said everything should be back to normal between 10 days or so. Wish me luck!