Hello! It seems to me that I have got tonsillitis. I have not had tonsillitis since I have been kid, but… Would bacterial tonsillitis make swallowing too painful? I a asking you this because I really have problems regarding this. Also, I have fever, headache, I am weak, etc. What do you recommend me? Thank you in advance!

Hello! I can tell you that bacterial tonsillitis can cause many difficulties and make swallowing too painful. I recommend you to visit your doctor. Only your doctor will exactly diagnosed type of tonsillitis (viral or bacterial). After he or she do that, you will get appropriate treatment which you need to follow exactly as it is prescribed and you will get better after around ten days.

Hallo,
The fact is that tonsillitis is caused by virus or bacteria. The fact that you are having bacterial tonsillitis doesn’t change a thing that your tonsils will get enlarged and painful. The good thing about this is that your immune system can clear the infection in few days but sometimes the infection is stronger than your immune system and you will need help from some antibiotics. The fact is that you will need to drink enough water, at least two liter per day. Also if the pain is unbearable you could use some over the counter pain killers. You have to know that surgery is also an option if your tonsillitis is too problematic for you. I hope this helped a bit.