Hi, my friend is suffering from gout for some time already and e is experiencing pain in his articulations. Doctor prescribed him Indomethacin for pain which he feels and told him to come for two weeks. I would like to know if Indomethacin is right medication for this disorder. Thank you.

Hi, Indomethacin will help him for pain which he feels that is sure. However if he wants to stop this process it would be important to consult his doctor about diet which will remove cause of his problem. Main problem in such disorder is accumulation of ammonium substances and that may be solved only with diet.

FYI. Yes, true for regular gout, however I have pseudo-gout which is caused by calcium crystals rather than uric acid crystals in the blood. This is not controlled by diet, but treated with the same meds as with regular gouty arthritis.