Hello! It seems to me that I have tonsillitis. I will visit my doctor tomorrow, but regarding the fact that I have never had before in my life tonsillitis, I do not know what the treatment for this disease will be. Can you tell me something more about treatment? This is very important for me. Thank you in advance!

Hello! Well, I can tell you that treatment depends on cause of your tonsillitis. If bacteria caused tonsillitis, you will get antibiotics. But, if virus caused it, then antibiotics ca even be harmful, so, your doctor will prescribed you: anti-inflammatory medications, salt water gargles, taking fluids, rest. I hope that this helped you.

Hello there,

First of all don’t worry this is very common condition and it is easy treatable. You must see your doctor so he can determine are you suffering from bacterial or viral tonsillitis. In case you have stuck with a bacterial you will have to drink antibiotics and this usually lasts for about two weeks.

In case you are suffering from viral tonsillitis you will get anti-inflammatory medications and some home remedies such as gargling salt water three to four times during the day. Also you will need to increase intake of the fluids such as soup, broth and tea of course. You can put some honey instead of sugar in your tea because this can help your throat.