Hello. My name is Jenna. I am 31 years old and I live in London. I am not smoker, I don’t drink, I exercise very often and I am sick very rarely. But I am diagnosed with Myocarditis, mild case. They did surgery very soon after I was diagnosed with this. They let me home and I am at my house now, with my kids and my husband. Recovery is going pretty fine, sometimes I feel some pain in my chest, but that pain goes away very soon. The problem is because I can’t stay still at one place. I am not type of person who is lying at home all the time. My biggest concern is for how long I need to be at home? Do you know what is recovery period for mild case of Myocarditis?

Hello there.

I am not an expert for this issue but I do believe that everything depends on person.  Patients should consume a low-sodium diet similar to that for heart failure management. Good diet program and avoidance of athletic activities are recommended from anecdotal experiences (with lower incidence of arrhythmia). Recovery time depends on how complicated is this surgery. My neighbor got a various medications to treat heart failure and irregular heath beats. While you are recovering from myocarditis, you need to have a plenty of rest, a lot of sleep and you need to avoid alcohol. Best wishes!

Good day there. I need to tell you that I am very sorry because you are affected with this disease. I don’t know exactly what is the recovery time for mild case of myocarditis, but I believe that everything depends from person to person. The good news is that most of the people recover from it without long term damage. This disease can be dangerous because some people doesn’t have any of symptoms. Sometimes you need to be an expert to find out that you have this disease alone. Don’t worry. As long as you are listening your doctor’s advice, your recovery will be just fine.

Sincerely!

Hello everyone. First I really want to thank you because you gave me so quick and useful answers. Yesterday I was talking with my neighbor and she told me that her friend had this problem or diagnosis as well. She told me that it is very hard to recover and that recovery period for mild case of myocarditis can last very, very long. I have no idea what that means but I need to tell you that I am scared about this. During my recovery I didn’t have any problems and I am feeling fine but I really want to recover totally and fast. Is this possible?

Hello everyone. I totally do agree that recovery period depends from person to person. In my case recovery was going very fine and faster than I expected. My doctors told me that myocarditis is very serious condition. The only steps that can help you in the recovery are very simple and they include rest and avoidance of some physical exertion. Of course, there is medical treatment which includes treatment with medications. If this one is caused by bacterial infection the disease is also treated with antibiotics. Well, I was listening to my doctors and I was resting a lot.

To help with the restlessness (feet at night in particular) put a bar of soap under your pillow and forget about it. It does help I saw it on fbk then a nurse at the hospital told me the same thing. It definitely helps