Hello! My good friend has tonsillitis. Regarding the fact that she and I never had tonsillitis before, we have some questions for you: how come that doctor did not prescribed any medication? What is recovery time for tonsillitis patient? Is tonsillitis contagious? We are thanking you in advance on your prompt reply!

Hello! I can tell you that doctor have not prescribed any medication because she obviously has tonsillitis which is caused by virus infection. Tonsillitis is contagious and you have good chances to get it (if you did not get it already). From my experience, recovery time usually takes around ten days (one or two days less or more).

I had a tonsillectomy a year ago. It took me 2 full weeks to recover and get back to work. Since then, I've started a website: to help folks considering or recovering from a tonsillectomy. I took an informal survey last month. 70% of respondants said more than 10 days were needed.

Hope this helps.

Greg

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hi There

I removed my tonsils on 10/03/2011

It is not bad at all,just take your meds eat normal food and you will be fine...

Go in positive and you will come out of theatre positive.

Promise you,its nothing to be afraid of and o by the way i am 27 yrs old.