hi my goal is to break my school record(10:03) in the 2-miles event
im doing cross-country now to help me get ready for track
i was wondering if there any tips and advice u guys can give me
i dont even know my time but last time i check my mile is 6:10 i gotten faster since then tho.
i need to know how to recover faster and how many workout i can do in one day?

To recover faster, eat healthy. Some good recovery foods that I like are bananas, prunes (I know you probably won't want to try this one, but they work great), ovaltine, pasta or any high-carb food, and I drink lots of welch's juice. Make sure you're drinking lots of water before and after workouts.

Your workouts should alternate between a hard workout and an easy run every other day. The easy days are to allow time for your body to recover and build up the muscle. If you go hard all the time, you will burn yourself out and it won't do anything but make you slower. I wouldn't suggest you do any extra workouts if you are absolutely exhausted, you don't want to over-exercise.

I asked recently what helps to get faster, and I guess I'll try and pass on what I was told to you as best I can. Essentially, people told me that I needed to be consistent in my training, and that how fast I am currently is determined by how much I ran during the summer. Building muscle is about a three week process, so the workouts that you were doing three weeks ago are affecting your running right now. That was the advice I was given, now I'll tell you some of my own. Building muscle will make you fast to a point, but you can't forget the mental aspect of things. Last year, I was running somewhere around a 20 minute 5k, and I thought I was putting everything I could into it, and that I had nothing left. In the matter of a week, I dropped two minutes off that time, and found myself a place on varsity cross country. There is no possible way that you can drop two minutes off your time with a week of training, so the only other explanation is I got tougher mentally.

I wish you good luck, and I remind you to beleive and have total faith that you will break that school record. Don't give yourself any other options.

thanks for the comment man that's really help
so ur work-out is like e,h,e,h,e,h and off day

Basically, yes. It may vary right now, sometimes I might get a moderate day and then an easy day following that if it's before a meet. Sundays are my off days, but I usually try and go for some LSD (Long Slow Distance) on those. It all depends on where you are at in your running, and how good you're feeling.

like i feel fine but it my rest day so should i take the rest day or go for LSD