Since we are talking about separation anxiety in kids and I was in one of those discussions, I tried to understand it. And I do, but one thing is not that clear for me as I wanted it to be. For example, I want to know how separation anxiety impacts the child at different ages? I mean, is it different if the kid is less than 2 years or if the kid has 15 years for example. Because I am pretty sure that in my neighborhood two kids have the same symptoms and they are totally different age. It is kind of scary. 

Separation anxiety in children is a normal way in which your kid is trying to tell you that you are going to miss them. Anyway, as your kid gets older, this separation anxiety will go away or it will start to fade. It is very simple - it affects just a little bit differently in different ages. When the kid is younger, this anxiety is more intensive. As the kid is getting older, this anxiety is less than before. Sure, parents can do so many things about this - they can practice separation, also parents should never tell their kids that they will go away and they will return - it just won't work. 

My kid has this issue as well and thank God I find out about this on time. It is hard to tell how separation anxiety impacts the child at different ages, I believe that doctors can resolve this as well. But it is not a reason to be worried about. I mean, it is pretty normal for a young kid to feel scared or anxious when you are saying a goodbye to him. Sure, it is difficult, but it is not something that won't go away. It happens usually in the early childhood when the baby starts to cry when you are going to work, etc but that is a normal part of the separation.

Celebrity

I agree that in different ages this stadium is different, but the symptoms are pretty much common. For example,  almost all the kids who are diagnosed with separation anxiety disorder, they feel constantly worried or fearful about separation. They are scared when they parents want to leave. Well, this is because kids are afraid that something bad is going to happen to those who they love. That is why they have nightmares. That happens when kids are younger. When they are older, they usually are scared and this is manifested because they don't want to go to school for example. It is treatable really fast, all you need to do is to find a good psychologist to talk to.  

There so many different impacts and there are so many different things that can cause separation anxiety disorder in kids. Unfortunately, a lot of parents won't notice this in the beginning. Somehow, it became normal that our kids are doing everything to miss school. Maybe because they haven't learned something, maybe because they don't like their friends at school - there are so many reasons. But a lot of parents don't even think that there is something that is causing other problem in kids, just like me. My kid didn't' want to go to the kindergarten and after that, he was avoiding to go to school. I mentioned this in the talk to my friend and she recognized the symptoms immediately. My kid is still struggling with this, but he is much, much better than before. Observe your kid, you should know him or her better than he or she does.

pretty much in the same way, with some small differences. this is something that usually happens at the age of 2 and in that period this is most intensive and more visible than ever. of course, some children have symptoms of separation anxiety during their grade school and teenage years. I know that when you hear word "anxiety" it is really scary, but there is no need to panic a lot. this is something that is treatable and very often there is no need for doctors or phycologist help. you can treat it alone by letting the kid get aware that you are here all the time, that nothing bad is going to happen to you, that you will be back home soon. it will be ok, I am telling you this from my own experience.

My good friend's kid was diagnosed with this issue when she was 11 years old. So, she was a teen girl. The doctor told her parents that there is no huge difference between symptoms when the kid is older or younger, because according to his words when the kid is younger he or she can't tell you what is bothering them. On the other hand, when the kid is older, it won't tell you what is going on. My friends didn't notice this because they were too much into their jobs. That is not a excuse. That is why now their kid has some therapies, if I am not wrong their kid is under the child - directed interaction and that therapy is focused on improving the quality of the relationship between parents and kid. 

is that really a disease?
my doctor tried to tell me this, but I didn't believe him because it seems unreal to me that a kid that is just approximately 2 years old can have problems with anxiety. I asked this for my good friend because her daughter is almost 2 years old and whenever we need to go out, she can't because her daughter is crying all the time and it won't stop.
so, I asked a doctor what this could be and he explained to me that this can be because of the anxiety. what is happening in kids head that they become like this, that they become anxious in those early ages?
confused....

Yes, it is a disease and there is no reason for your friend to lie to you. I don't know why this happens, I mean, I am not sure, probably because the kid is really scared that mom will go away, I don't know. But it is something that needs to be treated Generally, doctors say that emotional and social development are both seriously affected by separation anxiety disorder and this is a condition that can cause a child to avoid experiences crucial to normal development. Now, I think that you do realize why this can become serious...Don't resent your friend, she is going through a really hard time...