My 18 month old son suffers from separation anxiety and this situation makes me anxious also. The thing is that I came back to work more than a month ago and I thought this separation anxiety won’t last long but my son is still very anxious over this and is crying all the time I am absent and it is for more than 8 hours daily. The thing is I think constantly of him and this situation started affecting my job life for I am very nervous over the separation anxiety my kid is dealing with. What do I do about separation anxiety in children?

I am afraid there is not much you can do except maybe quitting up the job which I would never recommend. Anyway each of us experience some sort of separation which is usually accompanied with this separation anxiety condition and according to my own experience –I also had the same problem with my daughter separation anxiety when I got back to work when she was 14 months old, basically kids thought we are gone forever and so you need to find the way to assure your kid you are going to get back each day at about the same time so maybe you try to learn your son to wait for you without having those separation anxiety episodes. And one more important thing –you personally try not to be that nervous and anxious over this separation thing for maybe you are the one who passes this feeling onto your kid, just be relaxed and act normal like going out is something very normal-which it is –and make your son gets it the same way and be patient it takes some more time for some kids to overpass this separation anxiety situation.