I am trying to learn as much as I can about raising babies. Ours is only two months old but we worry about her so much. We have read about the separation anxiety in children and that it is something that should start soon. I would like to know if there are nightmares involved in this period. Or is it strictly related to physical appearance?

Well, the baby does not have a sense of permanence and time. This means that when you are gone from the room, child thinks it is for good and that is a problem. The good thing is that it does not last for long and also, some babies do not have this phase at all. Whatever the case, this is not something that serious or problematic, so do not worry that much. There should not be any nightmares, but as I said moments when the parents are gone are difficult for the baby.