A few months  ago i found a small internal lump (meaning you cant see it) near my coccyx inside my cheek, it was smaller and thought nothing of it. now its slightly larger and quite tender. 

i once had a skiing accident where I fell on my coccyx, they told me it was not damaged. ever since this when I have sat on the floor I felt my coccyx twinge, like the feeling when you hit your funny bone, a small painful clonk. 

some part of me thinks the two scenarios may be linked, maybe i did chip my coccyx and its healed oddly, but this is only guess work.

please if anyone has any advice at all id be grateful.

Fizzle

I just had the same thing happen, I was just walking and felt a quick painful feeling at the bottom of my buttock but inside the cheek area. I initially thought it felt like my thong had pulled a hair out but now as I look back it was more intense then that. So a painful snap I'd say. For the past 3 days I've had a quarter sized bump which is slightly visual, non colored and sore. It is felt more by touch as it is a firm internal bump more so  I've done research and it could either be an ingrown hair.. which I thought I had but that wouldn't explain the initial snap sensation. A cyst, boil or a pile (piles) a bursted blood vessel. I spoke to a co-worker who is a brilliant APRN and she said hot compress with Epson salt. So last night I made an extremely "hot" hotpack and wrapped it in a wash cloth wetting one corner and applied the Epson salt.. Stuck it between my cheeks and went to sleep, today it feels slightly smaller and I noticed a reduction in pain. I am a clean freak and shower in the Am and wash up in the PM, use female sanitary wipes after #2 and dry very well so hygiene is not an issue here and probably not for anyone else with the same situation starting with a particular pain or funny sensation. I am going to self diagnose myself and say mine is a bursted blood vessel from the initial pain before the bump. I will continue the heat and Epsom salt treatment because I have already seen results and know that heat alone is great therapy as it promotes circulation and reduces inflammation. Try it out, I'd be curious to see if this is the simplest treatment online. Good luck, because I know that it's such a pain in the butt;)

I have a tender lump in my butt cheek? painful do I have Cancer?

Did you find out what it was