Hi, I would like to talk to you about a problem I have. I am too embarrassed to talk to anyone else about it. I have a painful underskin cyst on my butt. It hurts so much that I have trouble walking and sitting. I didn't have these problems before. What do you think caused this cyst? Should I talk to a doctor about it?

Hi, judging by your description I would say that you have an epidermal cyst. I had a similar one on my chest. The cyst is actually a clogged sweat gland. Mine was not painful, so I don't exactly know how you feel. In any case you should definitely see a doctor. Even though I was in no pain the cyst was a nuisance that made me go to mine. There are two treatment options. The less painful one would be the treatment with heated compresses. This is what my doctor advised me and it really helped me. After approximately two weeks the cyst was gone. The second solution is surgery during which a cyst is removed. I know that you must feel embarrassed, but I have to say again that the doctor is the only person who can make the right diagnose and the course of treatment. Maybe you will need to take some medicine if the cyst is infected and the doctor will be able to prescribe you the right drug. I hope you feel better soon.

i have one right now. its right at the beginning of my butt.lol
i call it my butt knuckle.haha
i fell and brused my tail bone(butt knuckle) hehe while i was at a dance camp...and i ended up having a cyst right in the middle. it does hurt soo bad. i can like sleep,lay on my back,walk,or sit comfortable.

It is probably a pilondial cyst. 1 in 5 men get them and usually in their late tens until 30's. Have it looked at soon - if it gets big, the removal process leaves a huge wound that takes weeks to heal.

i have the samething right now. i cant lay on my back or sit reclined. this is the second time but not back to back so i guess thats good.its so annoying but in a few days it should be gone. my mom said to sit in warm water or use witch hazel on it.

I had something like an under skin cyst/abcess near teh vaginal area. Mine had gotten a bit bigger than those quarter sized gumballs and I ended up going to teh ER they they cut it out. Mine came back as being a MRSA staph infection. I have no idea how I got teh bacteria but I would have it checked out to be on the safe side. If by chance you may have picked this nasty bacteria up, it can sometimes be fatal. Im still taking my meds for it so I hope all goes well with mine, my lump has gone down majorly and is healing nicely.

it def is a pilondial cyst my boyfriend has one and it comes and goes. he had to get it cut open and drained...it hurts a lot but there is a surgery for it because no matter what you do it keeps coming back...the surgery is very painful and you will be out of commission for about 3 weeks. his is acting up again for the 2nd time and we are probably going to have it cut open again but seriously the amount of pain his was in last time was bad so you might want to consider the surgery....

I have one now and OMG the pain. It started on Friday and I went to ER Monday with 104 temp my BP was 86/30 and my pulse was so low they could not find it. This is the most painful thing ever, I am going to have the surgery to have it removed because I will never go through this again.
And come to find out it is cause by a birth defect and it is very common.

I have something to the right of my spine in between my right cheek and my back. Odd placement. I have no idea but it is painful. Is that the back or buttocks area? It feels soft and is below the skin by a lot. Moves but not really.

Dunno if it's true or not, but I've read that Vitamin E cream will do wonders for helping to prevent a pilonidal cyst from returning. I dunno if it really works, but I don't think it could hurt to try.

I have one and just talked to a doctor, because of the fact that mine continue to reoccur, he is saying that it is a glandular issue and he would like to remove the problematic gland. I had thoughgt that they were abcsesses, and it goes to show that only a doctor can tell you whats needed. definently make an appt. to find out whats going on and in the meantime antinflammatories are always helpful with swelling pain and fever.(ibeprofen,naproxen,acetemiphen)

Did the doctor happen to mention what the gland was that was acting up? I would like to hear if you have an answer about it because I'm very curious. Thank you!

i have one and its SO MUCH f-ing pain!!! its so bad! i guess if you take baths with epson salt (don't knw how to spell it) will realeve the pain... but i'm wondering if it's bad to have sex...

i hav the same thing but right at the top of my crack, its Not painful all the time but it wont go away, it pops heals over again and comes back, is it a cyst? or could it be more serious?

bluedog wrote:

Guest wrote:

I've been dealing with the same problem for about 3 years. I have the curse of being hairy and having folliculitis. I've been seeing a surgeon for the past year and had surgery to remove the cyst in Dec 09. The cyst has came back a couple of days ago and went to see him yesterday. He gave me Augmentin for the next week and have an appointment with him next week. My cyst continues to move from the edge of my butt to my genitals. I asked him about using heat for the swelling and he said the heat will cause the bacteria to grow and will try to draw it to the surface. My cyst have been deep under the skin. I have to push all the bloody liquid out to ease the pain. In the past i've had the cyst lanced and would pack it twice a day with gauze; this has worked well in healing the cyst, but once the cyst has healed to the dead skin it stops healing. Has anyone had this problem? If so has anyone consulted with a plastic surgeon? Has anyone had any success with herbal remedies or creams to help clean the area?