For about 2 years I have had a hard lump on my left butt cheek a little below my waistline, it first appeared when I was pregnant with my son. Every once in a while it swells up and becomes very painful. When it is not swelled up, it is just a lump, you cant see it but you can feel it under my skin. It has swelled up again, is red, and is about the size of a quarter or slightly larger and it hurts very badly to the touch. It is not blistery, puss filled or anything like that, it is just very hard and red. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions seeing as i dont have insurance and cant afford doctors bills unless absolutely necessary. Thanks.

The first thing that occurred to me was that it might be a plugged pore or some form of oil gland that is plugged or blocked up.

However, you say that there is no puss nor sign of infection, just tender to the touch.

My second thought was that it might be a lymph node that has done it's job by gathering infection or fighting soe infection, getting hard and swollen and red.  However, I'm not familiar with them in that location.

The fact that it rises and falls, makes me think that it's more likely a lymph node, as they can do this with the rise and fall of an infection.

Get it checked out.

that is the exact same thing thats happening  to me did u ever go to the doctor

website sucks when nobody answers you. As of right n ow this is my last post on crappy ass steadyhealth.com becuase there no answers you anyway

I have almost the same identical story. Lump showed up when I was pregnant with my son. Been there for 2 years and just now starting to bother me. Wondering if u ever got treatment for this? I've been trying to self diagnose and it just makes a hypochondriac. If you have any advice or perhaps a solution please reach out to me. Same story no insurance and only see doctor when absolutely necessary, unfortunately. Thank you

Hi there, just wondering if you ever found out what the lump could be? I too have the same story. Lump showed up when I got pregnant. Almost a year now. I don't have insurance and only go to the doctor if really necsarry. The lump has no color. It's just gotten bigger over the last year and uncomfortable while sitting on anything hard.

I have the same issue for longer, but only during the summer months. I've had it looked at on different occasions by doctors who just give me antibiotics and it goes away. This time, I'm w/ out insurance and just took some 800mg ibuprofen and it helped the swelling go down. I know getting it checked is still the best option.

I have the same issue, mine comes and goes. it usually gets bigger when I ride the bicycle. When I touch it, it feels like a small circular bump, sensitive, and the size of a nickle. When is swallonen, I treat it with ice twice a day, and it will almost disappear for a  month or so

This issue has been answered by a doctor or someone else here's the link http://m.steadyhealth.com/medical-answers/lump-between-the-butt-cheeks.html?t=260380

Ebolaaaaaaaaaaa! Scary sh*t man :0

I had this and learned I had shingles. It comes and goes 7-8 times a year and lasts for 1-2 weeks.

It might be a sebaceous cyst.

Aww I feel bad that no one repleys to you. Anyway I have the exact same problem I have asked few doctors well my doctor my back doctor they don't seem to know, so I'm igoing to seek out a specialist I find anything out I'll let you know

Hi I have a huge lump on my butt cheek closer to my crack it's very hard. When u squeeze it it's like a big round lump that moves a little. Recently it developed a blister like abscess I pricked it and nothing but blood came out. A few days went by I squeezed it again, the lump was the same size and was hard. This time the boil on top popped and I felt it draining in my hand. I looked too see what came out and it was a yellow and orange oil like substance. The abscess went away but the husband ge hard lump is still under my skin!

Omg sounds like my story! Did u get a diagnosis for it?