Hi. I was on BC for little over 3 years. I was on and off on nuvaring for 3 years and switched to Ortho Tri-cyclen for few months.I stopped in May 2012 and actually had a normal period on June and July. On August, I started spotting dark discharge instead of period for a month straight. So on, I missed period on Sept and Oct with a few light spottings this time. I took home preg test which were all negative and blood test on August were negative. I still have not had my period yet (it's Nov) Two days ago, I had a horrible bottom stomach ache that it hurt even when i touch lightlyand i started spotting dark discharge again.Doc said not to worry about it because it is normal for being irregular after stopping the BC, but I honestly dont think spotting instead of getting period for almost 4-5 months isnt normal.Husband and I are trying to have a baby but i am really worriedDid any of you had similar problem? Please help.

Hi Alice,

I am having the same problem. I was on othro-tricyclen for  three only three months and by the third cycle I was having break through bleeding. So, I decided to take myself off of it but ever since then I have been spotting 6-5 days before my period actually starts. This has been going on for 4 cycles now. I am going to doctor to discuss tomm as we are trying for a baby. It is just concerning because I am very regular and never had this problem. I feel very confused and unsure when I ovulate now. I have been doing some research and found that low progesterone could be the cause. Just really strange to me. I guess we will see what the doctor says.

Any luck on your end?