Hey all.

I am a 26 year old, petite and generally healthy woman.
My period is now 15 days late. My cycle is 33 days and I usually have predictable periods (breast tenderess etc for about 5 days before i start) but this month i have had nothing at all.

I have not been stressed, ill, over exerted and have not changed my diet... in fact i have felt really happy and contented over the last month or so. However, my period hasnt arrived and is showing none of my usual signs of appearing.

I took a home preg test 4 days ago which came out negative (although, i only had a short stream under which to test it).

I am/have also been experiencing the following:
*feeling quite bloated (noticed that a look slightly "puffier" around the middle, bum and arms). I feel heavy generally.
*brown spotting (which i've never had) when wiping in the bathroom. This only lasted a day (around 4/5 days after period was due) if not hours and was accompanied by piece of clear mucous which had a very small blood clot in/on it. I am still finding occasional pieces of clear/sometimes slightly opaque mucous (only tiny though).
*very mild lower abdominal cramps (more like light turning/tugging than period pain)
*no tender breasts

I'm particularly lucky that i have a great boyfriend who isnt climbing the walls with fear. He's reassuring and supportive and will continue to be ...whatever the outcome. i am therefore not overly stressed about the situation at the moment (despite the odd anxious feeling here and there).

Has anyone else experienced this? I've read so many other postings and sites that it's all become a fuzz. Could someone respond?

hello there!!! I have the same problem!!! i have brown spotting...and it only lasted for a day. and i my breast doesnt hurt. but i took the pregnancy test it came out positive. have you find out yours? please tell me.thank you

I am having the exact same thing but the test (3) say negative. I am only 5 days late.... did you wind up being pregnant?

I have had the same symptoms. I am so glad I'm not alone. I'm like you, I'm so confused by what I have researched. So, did you find out if you were pregnant or not?

Remember that for some women the home pregnancy tests are not always "accurate" and often people get false negatives because the HCG (the hormone the tests pick up on) is still low.

If you are still very late, have a blood test done.

Wow, that is EXACTLY what I am having... I am a week late, but have had brown spotting... my breasts are NOT tender, but I have never had tender brests as a sign of PMS either... I have been reading that this is a more uncommon sign of pregancy, but still a possible sign. I've read that first response HPT are the most senstive... they test at hormone leves at 6.5 instead of the standard 80 or 100 mIU/ml.

If you've taken a test and it was negative, test a couple days later with a more sensitive test.

Good Luck!

Hi, I'm glad to see i'm not the only one having this issue. I've been taking Clomid for the last two months, and have kept track of my ovulation schedual because we are trying for a baby. Dec, Jan, Feb my periods have been regular only one day later then the previous month before. So I was excited and anxious when this month i did not get my peirod with in the dates. I am currently 3 or 4 days late. Except today I started this brownish spotting, I have taken two HPT's both Negative first one to I jumped the gun, but I took one this morning and it was neg. I go in for a blood test tommorow but I'm not sure if I should cancel if this is the beginning of my period. I don't remember having this issue before so, now i'm all confused. just thought I would share my story.

Hi all

I am also late on my period 11 days and have not had sex but have this type of problem, my tummy feels a little bit bigger than it usually does and i am really scared, i dont no wot to do.

dear all,

i have had exactly the same symtoms.. late period and brown spotting...pregnency test is negative.. though me and my husband have never had unprotected sex.. my gynae wnats to do an internal sonography and an ultrasound.. wanted to know if this was the normal procedure?

Hey everyone, I am 24 years old and I am 12 days late for my period... I have been having a regular 40 day cycle for the last few months, so I should have been due May 17th; it's now the 29th and I have not yet started... however I had a brownish discharge the last two days but only when I wiped after using the restroom.

I took a hpt today and it said negative, but I have been feeling a little naseuated and I had a really bad headache two days ago: before the brownish discharge started. Today I'm a little naseuated and my lower back feels kind of achy. I also feel more tired than usual, but my breasts are not sore and I don't feel bloated or anything. My fiance and I have been sexually active together for three years, and I have had irregular periods before, but like I said I have been very regular for the last few months (since Nov 06) and I have never before had a brownish discharge like this until now.

My mom says it might just be stress since I was in a rollover car accident in April, but I think I might be pregnant regardless of what the hpt said. My mom told me that when she was pregnant with me she tested negative until around her 3rd month of pregnancy. Could the brownish discharge have been old blood from implantation bleeding, or would 12 days after my expected period be too late for implantation bleeding? How long do you think it will be until I can accurately take a hpt again? Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:

Hey everyone, I am still have a slight brownish discharge and I am suddenly very senstive to smells, to the point where some make me gag; I have never had the problem before, and I find it is usually strongest in the mornings and evenings. Also I have been having more mild headaches and mild lower back ache. My appetite is everywhere sometimes I don't feel like eating a thing because I'm feeling a little naseauated and other times I can't stop eating.

So I am now 15 days late; meaning 55 days since my last period (40 day cycle) I have been having a slight brownish spotting since Monday (today is Friday) so I took another hpt this morning and negative again! What else could be wrong, has anyone else experienced the same?? I will probably be making a dr.'s appt. for some time next week to get this all figured out. But until that time any advice, shared experiences, or other knowledge on the subject would be grealy appreciated!!

My period was due on the 9th it is now 2 weeks late. Me and my boyfriend recently had sex after me ovulating. I thought I couldnt get pregnant I was never dignosed by a doctor though. I took a Walgreens pregnancy test Friday and got negative results. I've been feeling tired alot, tingly feeling in both breast and sometimes Im sensative to certain smells. I thought I started my period yesterday but it was very very lightly, pinkish color. When I woke up I wasnt bleeding at all. Now this evening I spotted brownish & pinkish. What does this mean? And every since yesterday I've been having sharp cramps and my stomach area and bloated but I thought it was because I was starting my period. Im debating on if I should take another pregnancy test if my period does not come down.

WOW WHAT IS IT WITH US?! I AM NEARLY 6 WEEKS LATE FOR MY PERIOD AND I HAVE HAD NEGITIVE TESTS AND NEGITIVE BLOODTEST, I AM ALSO GETTING THE BROWN DISCHARGE WHEN I WIPE. WHAT IS IT AND COULD I BE PREGNANT AND JUST GETTING FALSE TEST RESULTS? GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF U WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT

finally i found a a site with the same issues i am having.. my breast aren't tender, my back is killing me, i have headaches, and i am tired. but i also have a thyroid condition, so that could cause some reasoning. i was cleaning with windex today and i almost threw up. i took two pregnancy tests, both first response. i am a week late, i am also on birth control, but i am a bit overweight, i found out that it greatly effects your birth control effectiveness depending on your weight. i get up about 3-4 times a night to pee. i woke up last night with a streak of red, with mucus, and pink blood. it shows up only when i wipe. it was like that the past 2 times i used the rest room, now its brown, i called the doctor. I have an apt. today at 2:30pm.. i will update with further results. i wanted a baby with my man, but not quite yet. oh well... will update.

Well ladies It is so nice to know I am not alone, thank god for the internet. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years now. I went to my gyno last week for my yearly exam and told her I think Im ovulating, she did my exam and said that tonight was the night to try because of what my cervix looked like. So we tried that night. I am now only a couple of days late but have had a light brown discharge that started 2 days ago which would have been exactly 1 week from the night that we possibly conceived. I heard it takes 1 week for the egg to implant so I assumed maybe its implantation bleeding. I took a test and it was negative. I am still off and on noticing light brown when I wipe, I am moody, am bloated, have a headache and am nauseas and sensitive to smells also. My cousin told me to wait till next week before I take another test but its driving me crazy. Has anyone else had this happen and tested positive? I don't know if Im just stressing myself out and causing it to be even more late.