I am pregnant for two months. Everything is ok, but I have noticed that I have period-like bleeding once a month. I was worried and went to my doctor. She told me that it is normal and that I don't have to worry about it too much. How is this possible?

As long as you are being monitored by your doctor you don't have to be worried. If she says that everything is ok, then it probably is. Many women think that it is not possible to bleed during pregnancy, however, it is not like that. This has become like a myth. But, we have to understand that this period-like bleeding is not actually a real period. Some women have episodes of bleeding or spotting but they can't have period during their pregnancy for many reasons. Periods are caused by menstrual cycle and during this cycle body releases hormones and increase in these hormones causes ovaries to release an egg. This egg travels from ovaries through fallopian tubes and a protective layer of blood and tissue thickens along the walls of the uterus and if this egg is not fertilized hormone levels will drop. This is signaling to your body that it is time to shed the lining that built up in the uterus and this is what actually causes the period. Decidual bleeding is one of the most common causes of bleeding during pregnancy that looks like period. This bleeding is generally not thought to be a health threat to a woman or her baby. If the amount of the blood increases, contact your doctor right away.

I have a question concerning spotting or period? Last Friday, July 28th 2006, when I went to the bathroom to wipe myself there was a pinkish discharge that I noticed. Then after the pinkish discharge there was a light bloodish discharge with a hue of light brown and then it was just light brown. This wasn't normal from my period which is irregular in the first place. The last time I had my period was on May 28th, 2006 that lasted till June 7th which was normal. I didn't have any cramps with the light pink, reddish-light brown discharge so could I be pregnant? I thought about taking a home pregnancy test but I was thinking it might be still early and am afraid!! I went to the doctor today and they had told me nothing so I feel like I am talking to nobody that cares!! I have been run around so much that I don't know which is true and what is false!!
CAN ANYONE HELP ME AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON THIS!! I have done some research on the web on this but I don't know what is true or false. ?

If it was implantation, a hpt will show a result by now.

I was supposed to get AF on July 28th but got very light pink discharge. I had one day of light bleeding 2 days after that. I was also confused about the bleeding because I thought it was my period but it stopped and got a little brown like it was the last few days of my period. I called the doctor to tell her what happened and she immediately suggested a HCG blood test. I didnt think it had anything to do with pregnancy so I got two cheap hpt. I just took hpt on yesterday and today and both were BFP. Iam going for a blood test today because I am still skeptical of the hpts. Today I am still spotting.

I am having similar simptoms to what you described. What did you find out? Are you pregnant? I had a 1 day period and the next day it was like you said (brown and hardly anything) and then it just stopped.

I am in the same situation as the women above. I went off my BC pills July 22nd. Then on August 19, I had a very light brownish period for 1 1/2 days. I do not want to take a PG test if it's too soon and maybe I'm just being obsessive. I doubt I can wait another month to see if I start my period. Since I stopped my pills mid-pack, I have a feeling that I'm just not regular yet.

However, my mother got pg three times - the 1st time she had sex, the second time on BC pills and the third time after my dad had a vascetomy. My husband's mother has been PG 12 times!!

Do I home test or go to a dr. or do I continue to wait it out?

I forgot to mention in the above post that after going off my BC pills mid-pack, I did bleed for five days. I do not know if this constitutes a period or if it is because I stopped my pills.

hi..

I am 21 yrs .. i got married at the age of 19.. got pg very soon but miscarried in 5 weeks... have been trying since then but due to harmone probs.. there was no success.. since 5 mnths i m taking this harmone balancing tablet PROGYLUTON.. get my preiods within 26-28 days.. this mnth 2 days before my AF was due i had veryyyyyyyyyy small spot which was light brown..and since after my ovulation i have been having lots of white mucus.. and just a day before this brown spot i had my mucus off-white-yellow in colour... can any body plzzzz tell waht this indicates?? :-(

My Boyfriend and I are sexually active and in the beginning of December, "I think" an accident had occurred. I was very nervous and stressed out about this situation........... I am so stressed out that I dont remember when was my last period (Did I already had it in December?)
Around Christmas I was very scared and thought I was pregnant.. I took a pregnancy test "First Response" and it was negative (So happy)..... but sometimes a test could be wrong and I was suppose to take another test three days later............. however I never took another one and the beginning of January I had a 3 day PERIOD........ My friend told me she had a three day period and she was PREGNANT???????!!!!!!!!

I really need information about this Pregnancy with a 3 DAY PERIOD.
Should I have anything to worry about??????

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

[quote="carrie"

I am only a few weeks pregnant took 2 tests that came out positive. This is my 5th child but this morn i started bleeding bright red, my periods are normally heavy and this is like the first of my period. i have miscarried 3 times before. what are some thoughts for me on this. Do you think i may miscarry again?

Hi. Was wondering if anyone could help. I had my period four days ago, it was lighter but not what you would consider spotting. I really did not have any common pms symptoms like I normally have, but during and now after my period I can't seem to feel better, my breasts are tender, I am constantly nauseaus, specially after eating and in the morning. I get really burpy after a meal no matter what it is! Nothing seems to agree with my stomach. I feel dizzy sometimes, have heart burn and a bad headche that follows me all day. What could this be? Is this pregnancy or an ulcer. I also have allot of watery discharge, no strong odor though. Please help!!

its not pregnancy because ive been there

When I was pregnant with my first child, I had some spotting very early on. I asked my doctor and she said everything was ok as long as it didn't get any heavier. But if it did then I would need to come in and see her. I ended up having my baby with no problems after that.

i have a question not that long ago i had sex w my girl friend and the condom had like a little hole some were ,, well my girl friend got here period yesterday ,, but the weir par is that she still had 15 days till here period came,, so she was confuse. is there a possible she could be pregnant