I am 25 years old and have been taking ortho tricyclen for nearly 10 years (with a year off in between). I have never been pregnant. The last day of my last period was on April 28th 2011, which is around the time I should have began taking the first round of my bc pills for the month of May. However, overwhelmed with school work and finals I decided to forgo the pill for the month after missing the first two pills. I warned my boyfriend of 6 years that I had not taken the pill and that we must use the pull out method (which we always use anyway). After having not been on the pill for such a long time I couldn't believe how often I wanted to have sex (the return of my sex drive, oh yes!!). Well anyway now looking back we had sex while I was ovulating but he always pulled out. However, over the last couple weeks I have begun to notice some changes that seem to be symptoms of pregnancy including enlarged areolas (a little bit darker), dizziness/ black out every time I stand up, lower back pain particularly when I am sleeping on my stomach, twinges in my uterus, frequent urination and as of yesterday sharp pains in my abdomen. I was supposed to have gotten my period on the 26th but instead there has been a light brown discharge with some light spotting. We are not trying to conceive (hoping to get married and purchase a home next summer) but we would not be against having a baby. I have taken 6 pregnancy tests from the 25th on and all have been negative. Is it possible that I could be pregnant? Are these symptoms common after stopping bc? or could it be ectopic pregnancy?

Just to add, I am also feeling fatigued lately.

omg your story reflects mine.....my last period was 28th of april and i was taking ocp, any way half way through i forgot some i had a withdraw bleed as hormones dropped low because i didnt take the pill and i had unprotected sex. infact i had unproteded the 15th, 22nd and the 29th. i was supposed to come on my true period the 27th of may and still have not come on. a week after the 15th i was getting cramps, bigger bust, sore nipples, white mucus discharge, lower back pain and going off for a wee alot. anyway its the 31st of may still no period no more sympoms and i have done pregnancy tests and they are negative, it's too early i think to detect pregnancy hormone if i am so i have to wait for 1/52 then again the week after if still no period. it's doing my head in because i have convinced myself i am pregnant, but it could be that i stoped the pill half way through pack and now im getting all these strange feelings.

to be honest you will never really know until the right time of testing or blood tests so my advice is have a test done in another 1/52 then again 1/52 after and see how you go, if still nothing then return to the gp and see your nurse, it may be a while for your body to get back to normal and also your periods may be irregular now as we all do change from time to time. hope this helps, but your not alone sweet. every day i'm driving myself crazy xxx