I need some advice as soon as possible - My doctor had me on the NuvaRing about a year and a half ago and I loved it and stayed on it for about 10 months or so, but I had alot of discharge which started to really bother me and then my sex drive went completely away so I stopped using it. My boyfriend and I have just been using condoms since then with no problems, but lately I've been having incredibly bad painful periods that are making me really sick like 3 weeks every month, so my doctor wants me to go back on birth control. I've tried lots of bc pills in the past and most of them make me too sick to continue using them, but he recommended Seasonique (the trial pack is Seasonique, the prescription he wrote is for Seasonale). What I'm wondering is, has anyone who is sensitive to the other types of pills (Ortho TriCyclen, and a couple others similar to that but whose names I can't recall) had any success with Seasonale? I'm afraid that it will just make me sick like all the other ones. I really wish I could just go back on the NuvaRing, but I'd rather have the painful periods than no sex drive, so as far as I'm concerned it's not really an option. Also, I already have trouble with my skin breaking out once in awhile; will Seasonale make that worse? I'm not worried about weight gain, I actually could use a few more pounds, it's just the other side effects that I'm worried about. Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me!

Actually, I'm having the painful periods now. After my first removal of NuvaRing I had the most painful period I've ever experienced, like little demons were in there and poking at my cervix. The blood was also a lot darker, but I figured it was because I've never really had a truly regulated menstruation. I've had lots of spotting lately too, continuously. I'm on my second week of the second insertion of NuvaRing and I guess I'll wait until this next period before I consult my OBGYN. I'm assuming, at the moment, it's because I'm a teenager, but perhaps not. It's sort of amusing how people say they're experiencing no sex drive while using NuvaRing, since they say abstinence is the best solution to all sex related problems.