I have not gotten my period for two months and I have always had irregular periods, so Im not too surprised but can anyone recommend a certain vitamin or something that I can do to get on a regualr schedule? It was recommended that I get on birth control to regulate my cycle, but I dont really want to go that route. There is no way that I am pregnant so thats not one of my current concerns, I never thought I would be saying this but I just want to have my period. I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Shannon

There is nothing you can have except for hormones. Birth control pills may regulate your period but hormones are not that safe. JUst today I was reading that BC pills increase breast cancer risk in women who have been taking them prior to their first pregnancies.

You better discus your options with a doc. You may receive just one hormonal shot to get this period but it will not fix your problem.

I have pcos(polycystic ovary syndrome) which means I do not ovulate and do not have regular periods. I have been on BCP (off and on) since I was 14 to regulate my periods. Although there are risks with taking BCP there are also risks of not having your periods regular. Call your Dr, you may have this too, and when you are ready to have children you will understand your body better and know what course of action to take. I was on Clomid for 7 months to get preg with my first.

Good luck

Cindy