Hi, I am 28 years old female and I have problem with irregular periods. My periods never were on time but lately they became very irregular. My gynecologist told me that it may be caused by hormonal imbalance and he prescribed me birth control pill. I would like to know something more about this and how does it work. Thanx.

Hi, birth control pills are very common way to regulate periods and balance your hormones. These pills are combination of hormones which have main role in control of ovulation and menstrual cycles. It is very important to take it every day in the same time because you will provide constant concentration of medication in the blood which is the most important thing of using of these pills.

If you haven't started I wouldn't. Try a natural alternative 1st. My gynecologist suggested chaste tree which helps regulate hormones naturally and even helps women get pregnant who could not before.

Could you tell me more about the chaste tree suggestion? I'm also 28 and have irregular periods. I would like to avoid taking birth control pills if possible.

Where can I buy chaste tree and also what form do I take it in (pill, powder, oil, etc.?) How much do I take?

Thanks!

im 23 years old. for ten years i had REGULAR periods. every 28 days...Even when i had my daughter when i was 19 i still went back to normal. but ever since i did egg donation for a friend ive had awful AWFUL irregular periods. every 3-4 months having a 2 day bleed. I want to try for another baby but would be impossible cus of periods. this is my first month on cont pill 7 pills left so hopefully itll regulate me!!!

ps is it true that when u come off the pill u are more fertile

The birth control pill can definitely make your periods more regular. A lot of women who are very irregular usually find that their period evens out when on birth control. As for being more fertile when you come off the pill, you are fertile again after getting off it, but only after a month or two. As for people asking about where you can get the chaste tree pill, please try to bear in mind that supplements are not regulated so the pills you purchase may not actually contain chaste tree! But I am curious--has chaste tree helped anyone out here?

So i don't have irregular periods coz I DON'T GET THEM AT ALL COULD CHASTE HELP ME?

i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE SAME THING

Hi am 28years old and my periods have been regular until  2years ago after i took Depo for family planning,my periods became irregular again.

I want to know how many mg of chaste to take a day.. I dnt think I want to bc I'm tryn get preg. After a misscarriage.

You do not have a period when on birth control, your body has a withdrawal bleed, but it is not a period.  You only have a normal cycle when you ovulate normally, and when you are on birth control pills, you do not ovulate. 

yes these pills really works m 22 yr old n i have irregular periods form last 14-15 months.my doc advice me to take birth control pill n i take it about 2 months n its really works now my periods are regular....

I am 20 years of age and I have irregular periods and I've been having sex for some months now and still I can't get pregnant, does those chaste tree pills work, or take the powder, or what?

Plz tell some about chaste tree i want to know i m suffring from irreguler perieds it is too much ....

Are u serious...should i take it also....can they regular mine also