Hi! Does anyone have personal experience about Klonopin and Celexa. I have anxiety. Please give some info on klonopin and celexa. Thank you.

Hi! I take Klonopin and Celexa. When I used those drugs I have I fatigue. It just made me so sleepy, that I couldn’t function. Klonopin can be highly addictive for some people. You can also try Klonopin and Celexa they could be very helpful for reducing anxiety. You should talk with your doctor about side effects. Good lack!

I have been taking clonazepam (klonopin) 1mg and Celexa on and off for about 5 years, I suffer from chronic anxiety and panic attacks and when I am on these meds I am perfectly normal and happy, anxiety is a scary thing I used to have to leave a grocery store with my cart full and leave it in an isle b/c I would get such a bad attack at the thought of having an attack at the check out line and no being able to walk away!

I have been taking .25 Klonopin in the morning and at night since January of last year. I have also been taking 10 mg of Celexa. I was on Zanax for awhile and that was hard for me because it was so strong. I like Klonopin a lot and it really doesn't make me sleepy unless I drink a few too many. I think they are a great combination for those with depression and anxiety. It feels less addictive than Zanax. Sometimes I go a day without taking my full dose and don't feel anything different.
My cat just passed away last week and I have been having an especially hard time. I've been wondering if maybe my dosage isn't working. I haven't really been sleeping or eating right. And I have to say that I am really sad and heart broken. The last week I have noticed feeling dizzy and my hands being a little shaky. I hope it is just from me being sad.
I hope that I am off antidepressants sometime in my life. But I try not to beat myself up over it. I function relatively well, but dramatic like changes really effect me.

Oh my goodness it has been over a year now since your cat has passed Stellablue. I hope that you are doing much better now that time has played it's role in helping you to heal. I would have to agree with your comment about zanax....it tends to work very fast and then leave the system very fast making for a pretty bad withdrawl. Klonopin has a half-life of 35 hours this means that 35 hours after taking the drug, half of the drug is still circulating in your system. Because of it's slow release from your body the withdrawl is much easier. I am wondering about persons experiences with celexa?

My boyfriend took celexa for his depression and it seemed to work for him. It stabilize his mood, and also helped him with anxiety. But one thing that made him feel a little uncomfortable is that sometimes it would make him feel almost drunk in the morning after he woke up.

since january, is your boyfriend still taking celexa and is it still working....my doctor is giving me prespscription for this today...does he still have any side effects? any info of anything I should know about this drug before i take it would be helpful....thank you

I am taking the combination for nearly 6 months now. Has anyone experienced weight gain, or lack of satisfaction at meal time?

I have used and am using both. I've used them together and separately. The Klonopin is great for anxiety, especially if you're having a panic attack. They work quickly. However, you do have to remember that taking a drug like that is to calm you, so if you have a problem with depression, it may bring you down. Also, it is addictive. Personally, I use it as needed, which isn't too often, and find it very helpful. My Celexa is a Godsend. When I started taking the full dose, it practically made me giddy ALL DAY. Of course, that did balance out. I have been dealing with depression for many, many years and have tried some other meds, but the Celexa works best for me. I just feel normal. I don't feel like I'm constantly fighting off depression. Life doesn't feel like a struggle anymore. Everyone is different, but I hope the Celexa works as well for you as it did for me, and I am fortunate enough to not have any side effects. Felt a little spacey for the first couple months, but it was still a welcomed change from how I was feeling before that!

The following symptoms may emerge during gradual dosage reduction but can usually be reduced in intensity or eliminated altogether by reducing the rate of reduction:
• Anxiety, possible terror and panic attacks[17][36]
• Agitation and restlessness[17]
• Hypochondriasis[17]
• Dilated pupils[4]
• Impaired concentration[36]
• Nightmares[37]
• Insomnia[37]
• Muscular spasms, cramps or fasciculations[38]
• Electric shock sensations[3][39]
• Blurred vision[17]
• Dizziness[17]
• Dry mouth[17]
• Aches and pains[17]
• Hearing impairment[17]
• Taste and smell disturbances[17]
• Chest pain[17]
• Flu like symptoms[17]
• Impaired memory and concentration[17]
• Increased sensitivity to touch[40]
• Increased sensitivity to sound[17]
• Sounds louder than usual[40]
• Objects moving[40]
• Increased urinary frequency[17]
• Numbness and tingling[17]
• Hot and cold flushes[17]
• Headache[36]
• Rebound REM sleep[41]
• Stiffness[17]
• Fatigue and weakness[17]
• Hyperosmia[42]
• Restless legs syndrome[11]
• Metallic taste[42]
• Photophobia[42]
• Paranoia[42]
• Hypnagogia-hallucinations[6]
• Nausea and vomiting[37]
• Elevation in blood pressure[43]
• Tachycardia[44]
• Hypertension[45]
• Postural hypotension[37]
• Depression (can be severe),[46] possible suicidal ideation
• Tremor[47][48]
• Perspiration[36]
• Loss of appetite and weight loss[49]
• Dysphoria[50][51]
• Depersonalization[52][53]
• Derealisation (Feelings of unreality)[40]
• Obsessive compulsive disorder[54][55]
• Tinnitus[56]
• Paraesthesia[42][53][40]
• Visual disturbances[53]
• Mood swings[17]
• Indecision[17]
• Gastrointestinal problems (Irritable bowel syndrome)[57][58][59]
An abrupt or over-rapid discontinuation of benzodiazepines may result in a more serious and very unpleasant withdrawal syndrome that may additionally result in:
• Convulsions, which may result in death[60][61]
• Catatonia, which may result in death[62][63][64]
• Coma[65] (rare)
• Suicide[5][66][67]
• Attempted suicide[53]
• Suicidal ideation[68]
• Self harm[53]
• Hyperthermia[37]
• Delusions[69]
• Homicide ideations[70]
• Urges to shout, throw, break things or to harm someone[17]
• Violence[71]
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder[11]
• Organic brain syndrome[72]
• Psychosis[73][74]
• Confusion[35]
• Mania[75][76]
• Neuroleptic malignant syndrome like event[77][78] (rare)
• Delirium tremens[79][80][81]

klonopin wdrawl syndrome

HANK;

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS INFORMATION.

I HAVE BEEN TAKING KLONOPIN FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY THAT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY AND IT IS HUMMING, POUNDING, PREASURE, STUFINESS IN MY RIGHT EAR.  I WENT TO AN ENT DR. AND HE SAID IT WAS ALLERGIES, THEN I WENT FOR A SECOND OPPINION BECAUSE THE FIRTS DR. WANTED TO START ME ON ALLERGY SHOTS (I AM TIRED OF SO MANY MEDS), THE SECOND ENT DR TOLD ME TO SEE MY DENTIST BECAUSE MY EARS ARE PERFECTLY GOOD.  I WENT TO THE DENTIST AND HE REFERED ME TO A PAIN SPECIALIST (TMJ SYMPTOMS)  I AM TAKING TREATMENTS, AND USING RETAINERS, ONE DURING THE DAY AND ONE DURING THE NIGHT. HOWEVER, I WAS FINE FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS, THEN THE SYMPTOMS STARTED AGAIN, CONGESTION, HUMMING, ETC.  ARE THESE SYMPTOMS CAUSED BY CLORAZEPAM (.5)?  PLEASE I NEED SOMEONE TO LET ME KNOW. I NEED HELP, I AM A VERY DEPRESSIVE PERSON FOR MANY YEARS. THANK YOU.

MILLIE

GET OFF ALL U CAN DO IT

I DID

I have taken both Celexa (20 mg) and Klonopin together at bedtime for over a year now.  Celexa has been a God-send.  I used to obsess and over analyze everything and had a hard time with anxiety as well as my emotions.  The Klonopin helps avoid panic/anxiety attacks and the Celexa helps me stop worrying in general, and is a mood lifter.  I have had no bad side effects except that when I first started the Celexa, I felt nasueas the first week and had some headaches; but after a month my body adjusted. 

The only problem is that I'd be nervous going off of Celexa.  When I have missed a dose or two by accident, I have weird twitches in my brain, almost as if I lose conciousness for a split second.  It is unnerving.  I can go without Klonopin anytime and I don't have any side effects.

These drugs are necessary for individuals like me that have suffered anxiety their whole life.  The drugs do help a great deal.  I'd suggest to all of you though to exercise daily and take vitamins/eat well.  All of those things combined have made my life 100% better.

i take half a klonpin plus 5 mgs of citalopram but dont mix it together. i have anxiety too starts as soon as i get up. cant go anywhere as i am afraid ill have an anxiety attack.

I have one of the best psychiatrist in the country,the combination of the 2 drugs turned my life around.if u suffer from depression & anxiety take these,not Xanax. Xanax had a 4-7 hr. 1/2 life and is more of a fix.klonopin has a 50 hr. 1/2 life & doseny make u a zombie!