My doctor put me on Celexa for my depression, which worked well for that. But a couple of the side effects made me try another drug which has not been succesfull. My question is there a medication that works like Celexa but does not make you gain weight or lose sleep? Tried Effexor with no luck. Considering going back to Celexa but would like to see if there is anything that will work as well as Celexa for the depression without the weight gain or loss of sleep.

I was on respiradone and it made me gain weight but now I'm on seroquel (quetiapine). So far, it has helped my appetite and I have more energy. I know every medication works differently however, I have been on 7 different kinds and this one is working pretty well. Hope this helped.

The best thing is avoid taking medications. They are literally bad if I can use this expression here. Fight it out with all ure guts . Invent new things even though ure down to the drains keep pushing far and always be positive. I suffer from depression and anxiety too . I know how it feels out there. Everyday sucks , but if u start the day with positive thinking and say to ureself today I have to finish that job. I need to go to the groceries and buy food for the evening, im gonna cook good ..

Avoid those nasty stuopid medications as u said before they have side effects . So u need extra symptoms added to ure disorder . NO WAY MADAM!!! I rather stay like this and fight it without them! besides i Like partying in the evenings i like to drink some beer and wine :-) With the medications you cannot drink because of the effect of alcahol!!!

So be brave and act normal . Think positve . I have bad days too dont think that im good!!! But when it happens I say to myself dont worry this cycle will pass quickly and Ill be back with the normal days too..

COURAGE MY FRIENDS YOU HAVE TO BE YOURSELF!!! THINK POSITIVE ALWAYS!!!

Regards,

Gil from Malta

getfunky79 wrote:

Avoid those nasty stuopid medications as u said before they have side effects . So u need extra symptoms added to ure disorder . NO WAY MADAM!!! I rather stay like this and fight it without them! besides i Like partying in the evenings i like to drink some beer and wine :) With the medications you cannot drink because of the effect of alcahol!!!

Regards,

Gil from Malta

Okay, medications help. Once you find the right one, they can do wonders. My depression is partly due to a chemical imbalance in my brain. Being positive isn't going to help that imbalance. Medications do help me and the side affects are minimal. Please do not say that they are bad because medications have saved my life. Whenever I wasn't on medication, I attempted "fatal self-harm" because "being positive" only works so much. Please note that different things work for different people and do not bad mouth something just because it may have not worked for you.

Sincerely,
M.L