I have started taking celexa about two weeks ago, because of migraines. The paper that came with this medicine and whole prescription says it’s not recommended to drink alcohol. I want to know why that is important. Is it because alcohol prevents celexa working? Or there is some reaction between them so alcohol is potentially harmful or lethal?

I had the same problem like you once. I had been on Celexa and first time I get drunk nothing happened. Second time I was on vacation and I had a little too much to drink one night. That was the worst condition I ever had. I was in bed three days with a terrible headache. Depression came two days later and last for 7 days. I was just lying in bed wanted to die. Since then I don’t drink. From some people I’ve heard someone drink a lot while they are on Celexa without any noticeable effects. Obviously that everyone’s different. Pharmacists say that there shouldn’t be any potentiating effect between Celexa and alcohol like there is between alcohol and some other meds. It’s your choice, but take care if you decide to drink alcohol and use Celexa.