I need some info about celexa. The thing is my wife suffers for years now from anxiety but in last year her condition got much worse and she has recently been diagnosed with depression. And now she is on celexa treatment she just started it 10 days ago but I think ever since she started taking celexa she is even more depressed. So I'd appreciate any info about celexa. Thanks!

I was on celexa to treat my depression and at the end it turned out to be of help. The thing is when you start taking celexa your mental condition might appear worse than it is. I want to say that first weeks within started taking celexa the mental condition might really get worse and the one taking it might experience even suicidal thought and for that reason within the first weeks of using celexa you need to keep an eye on your wife and don't miss the regular medical controls. The important is to use celexa exactly as it was prescribed, she strongly needs to avoid drinking alcohol and even smoking and see with her doc which other meds are to be avoided for when mixed with celexa they might cause some serious health conditions. Maybe it is good for you to know that it is possible to develop dome serious celexa side effects which demands urgent medical help so one of the celexa side effects might be-seizures, coordination and balance problem, sweating and rapid heart beats as well as muscle pain. Of course your wife might also experience some less dangerous side effects such as: insomnia, dizziness, headache, nausea and vomiting, but also lack of concentration, weight changes dry mouth and ringing in the ear and you may also expect that at some point she might lose sexual desire. Just keep in mind that she needs extra care in first weeks of taking celexa.